Chapter Twenty Three

"Oh my god, this is her?!" A peppy voice squealed from the door. She shooed Shinsou out of the way and looped her arm with Kazumi's, "I'm Mina Ashido, but just call me Mina." She pointed to Jirou on the couch, "That's Jirou and that's Kaminari, but I know you've already met him."

Kazumi nodded, "Kazumi Nakamura...um, hi." She glanced back at Shinsou who just shrugged with a small smile as he watched her navigate a situation he knew she'd feel awkward with.

Kazumi couldn't remember the last time she'd been included in a group hangout like this, hell she couldn't remember the last time she had a conversation with a woman her age outside of work. She was kinda happy that she was getting that opportunity right now, even if she was uncomfortable, and she thought her mom would be happy about it too, which brought back a tinge of guilt for leaving her.

"Kaminari, you really didn't do her justice. She's way hotter than you said, look at her rack for fuck sake!"

Kazumi's eyes widened and warmth spread through her entire face, reaching the tips of her ears. She shifted self-consciously, regretting her choice of clothing and wishing she could cover herself up to avoid the attention that she only wanted from the lavender-haired man standing with his hands in his pockets just a few feet away.

Mina dragged Kazumi to the loveseat to the left of the couch Jirou and Kaminari were occupying and sat down with her. Shinsou noticed her squirming and grimaced from the comment before he unzipped his navy hoodie and tossed it on her lap. "You look cold," he mumbled, trying not to embarrass her but instead catching the teasing himself.

"You tryin' to cover her up, Shin? Hiding her from our lustful gazes, hmm?" Mina smirked as she tilted her head to the side to catch Shinsou's eye.

Kazumi had to restrain herself not to completely burrow into his sweater as the scent of his shampoo and body wash briefly took her senses by surprise. After her little outburst, she was determined not to embarrass him further and decided to save them both further teasing by not wearing it.

"Considering your pervy ass will probably try to cop a feel later, I don't see how it's a bad thing I'd try to take the temptation away from everyone."

Mina's smirk turned into a grin, her golden eyes lighting up. "From everyone, hmm? I imagine after that steamy kiss you're having a hard time keeping your hands to yourself, then."

Shinsou made eye contact with Kazumi, whose cheeks were now the colour of cherry blossoms, and his lips curved up. "How could I not?" He chuckled. "Don't feel obligated to wear it, Zu. You look incredible, just seemed uncomfortable so I thought I'd throw you a bone."

With a spark of confidence her eyebrow raised. "Interesting choice of words, 'Toshi."

Before Shinsou even had a chance to compute what she had said, let alone form a reply, Mina squealed loud enough to make Kazumi wince from her decibel. "THIS IS SO CUTE! Your little nicknames? Jeez. How are you not a thing yet?"

"Hey," a voice familiar to Shinsou greeted as he came in unnoticed, hearing Mina screeching about something he didn't bother to listen to.

"Hey, Todoroki," Shinsou simply replied as the red and white-haired man sat down in Shinsou's previous seat, perpendicular to Kazumi.

He blushed slightly as he made eye contact with her, immediately finding her features striking. "Shouto Todoroki," he held out his hand to her and she shook it.

"Kazumi Nakamura."

Todoroki made an effort to not let his hand linger, but the touch of her soft skin against his rough hand along with her soft brown eyes was enough to make him forget that there were others in the room. Kazumi tugged her hand out of his as it began to heat up, shaking it gently to soothe the discomfort she was feeling and Todoroki's blush deepened.