Thirty Four

"Welcome back," Kazumi smiled at Shinsou from behind her desk, which he leaned over to give her a quick kiss on the cheek when he and Aizawa returned from patrolling.

"I'm gonna change and then we can head home if you're ready?"

"Sure. Wanna order in when we get to your place?" She asked as she began to tidy up her desk for the evening.

Shinsou sighed. It had been three months since they had become an official couple and four months since she had begun staying over every night yet she insisted on keeping the lease to her apartment. To Shinsou, his home was hers as well and it bothered him that she didn't see it that way too.

"You mean when we get home, right? It's your home too, Zu."

She waved him off nonchalantly and without a second thought, "Yeah, yeah. Hurry up and change, Hero."

Shinsou trailed behind Aizawa to their locker room and once the door closed behind him he found the closest bench and slumped onto it. "I don't get why she won't just move in," he grumbled.

"Have you asked?"

"Of course I've asked! It just makes sense for her to move in, she's practically living there already anyway."

Aizawa shook his head in disappointment. "Is that what you said to her?"

Shinsou raised an eyebrow at him, "Well, yeah. I just tried to reason with her, why wo-"

"That's why she hasn't moved in," his mentor pointed out as he opened the locker that contained his civilian clothes. "You're using logic for a situation that calls for something more."

Shinsou scoffed. "Let me get this straight," he sat up straighter. "You, Shota Aizawa, are telling me logic isn't the answer?"

The raven-haired man rolled his eyes. "When it comes to matters of the heart, you have never been logical. Why are you choosing to start now?"

"Because it just makes sense!" Shinsou argued as he stood up and began to rifle through his locker. "Why would she keep a lease on an apartment when she doesn't even stay there?"

"Why would she move in with her boyfriend who only wants her to move in because she's practically living there already anyway?" He questioned. "Your words. Not mine."

As if a lightbulb went off in his head, Shinsou finally understood what the man was telling him. Of course she would say no if she thought he was just trying to save her some money by not renting her apartment. She'd never take a hand out... but was that really what she felt like he was saying?

Shinsou ran a hand through his hair and pulled at the roots as he groaned in frustration. Aizawa smirked at his pupil, he wouldn't say it, but he and Yamada had the same issue some years ago.

Aizawa finished dressing and as he left the room he gave Shinsou a few words of wisdom. "This is the only time I'll say this, Hitoshi. Don't be practical."

Shinsou quickly changed into a simple deep purple pullover sweater and jeans before heading out to meet Kazumi at her desk. She was taking her jacket off of her chair to put on and he jogged up and took it from her hands, holding it out for her to slip into.

"What a gentleman," she teased with a smile as he turned her around by her shoulders.

"Only for you, Zu," he winked and she grinned back. Kazumi leaned forward to kiss his cheek but he moved at the last second and captured her lips with his own.

-

After stopping to pick up some take-out ramen, Kazumi and Shinsou made it to his house and planted themselves on the couch with their dinner. Shinsou ate quietly as he considered what he would say to convince Kazumi to finally move in. Waking up next to her everyday has been a dream come true and he didn't want that dream to end by saying the wrong thing.