twenty-seven

"Remember your training, Y/n. Do you need a refresher?"

"No, my Lord."

My hands shook as I pushed my emotions into them. I focused all of my attention onto the man on the floor, curled up in a ball, begging weakly.

"Dalton, do you know what you did?" I said harshly, my voice rising.

"Just like that, Y/n. Remember how he hurt you."

"Do you know what you did?" I yelled.

"Yes!" he cried, putting his hands in front of his face.

"What did you do?" My voice was angry and at this point I was struggling to hold the emotion in my hands instead of just making Dalton hurt.

"I tried to kill you and Malfoy!"

"How?" It wasn't a question; I knew how he tried to kill me. I couldn't think, I was so angry.

"By trying to use the Killing Curse while you two were walking!"

"Pathetic," I hissed, malice practically dripping from my tone.

"W—What are you going to do to me?" he whined, voice shaking.

"Remember your training," Voldemort whispered. "Why are you angry? What did he do to hurt you?"

I let go of my anger, but not in the healthy way. It flowed through my hands and suddenly, Dalton was writhing like a worm on the ground, crying and shrieking.

"Further, Y/n. Give him the pain he deserves."

An ear-splitting scream echoed through the dungeon as a last shot of pain filled Dalton's body.

I let go of my control over him and stumbled, realising how much energy that took. He was completely still. His stomach wasn't moving; he wasn't breathing.

"You were successful. Dalton is dead."

"I—what?"

~~~

"My Lord, do you mind if I visit my two siblings? I haven't seen them in a while."

"Fine, go. Leave your father alone. Be back before nightfall."

"Yes, my Lord."

I walked away from his chambers then started running to the dungeons. I entered speedily and raced to my father's cell.

"Dad," I said quietly. He weakly groaned in response. It's a wonder he's still alive, considering how badly the Dark Lord treats the prisoners. If I hadn't been here to bring then bits of my meals, they might not have made it.

I put a bit of anger into my hand and pointed it at the lock on the cell. It quickly busted and I entered, wrapping my dad's arm around my shoulder. I grabbed my wand with my free hand and Apparated.

I flinched at the sudden change it settings. The sun was out and bright, shining highly over the grass and house. The rumbling in my stomach stopped after a minute but that didn't seem to be the case for my dad. He collapsed onto the bright green grass, immediately puking.

I helped him up, and got a good look at him. His once bright brown hair was now a light shade of grey, and there were large bald spots of his head. The bags under his eyes were dark purple and his face was covered in dirt and wrinkles. I was at least half a foot taller than him now, and his clothes were stained and wrinkled.

I walked with him up to the door and knocked.

Aunt Emilia opened it after a few seconds, and a loud gasp escaped her mouth as she saw my father.