epilogue

twelve years later

I giggled as Draco placed a flower in my hair.

"Dad," a voice whined, "I wanna go!"

I looked over at Scorpius, now eleven-years-old and excited to finally go to Hogwarts.

Draco made eye contact with me and I shrugged. "Sure, let's go," I said casually.

"Wait!" Kya, age twenty, ran down the stairs. "I want a picture with my nephew first."

Scorpius groaned, but stood next to her as I took a picture using her Muggle device thingy.

Kya gave Scorpius a high-five and sat down on the stairs. "Have a good year, kiddo. Don't get into any trouble," she added with a laugh.

"I won't!" Scorpius messed with his blond hair again. "Okay, can we please go now?"

His excitement brought a smile to my face, and we walked outside. We got into the car and I started driving.

While I drove, thoughts ran through my mind as Draco told Scorpius all about Hogwarts.

I thought back to my first year, eighteen years ago already. I was a small eleven-year-old who had grown up in a Muggle family. I didn't know anything about witchcraft, and I didn't have any friends. Then I met Fawn and Courtney. Hogwarts would have been hell without them.

Even though we hadn't talked much after they found out I was part of the Death Eaters, I knew that they had cared about me, and that was all I could ask for.

Being a Death Eater was horrible. I hadn't even used my stupid power since the Battle of Hogwarts. Sometimes I think about what would have happened if I had never had that power, what would have happened if I were a normal witch. Would I still be with Draco? Would we have Scorpius? Would I have even survived the Battle of Hogwarts?

It's scary to think about how much one thing can effect everything.

I looked over at Draco. He was laughing and smiling with Scorpius. A rush of happiness overcame me as my mind drifted to them. Scorpius is such a sweet boy, and I love him and Draco so much. Draco and I have been through so much and I'm so grateful for him.

"Is this it?" Scorpius cried, eager to get out of the car. I grabbed his trunk and we walked through the station. Scorpius ran ahead of us, looking for platform nine. We stopped in the middle and waited for him to figure out where we were supposed to go.

"Where's the Hogwarts express . . . ?" Scorpius asked, turning around in circles.

"Think about it," I said. "You're looking for platform nine and three-quarters."

"All I is nine and ten."

"Are you looking for platform nine and three-quarters?"

The new voice surprised me and I turned to see a little girl with dark skin and light brown hair approach Scorpius. The girl looked familiar but I didn't know why.

Her mother walked up behind her and I realised why she looked so familiar.

"Fawn?"

"Y/n? Hey!" She ran over to me and hugged me tightly. "I missed you so much! I'm so sorry for responding the way I did at the Battle and for not messaging you, I really regret it."

I smiled. "It's okay. I'm just glad you don't hate me."

"I could never hate you, you were my best friend!"

"Aw, you too. Have you talked to Courtney at all?"

"Actually," Fawn paused and Courtney Apparated next to her as if on cue. "Courtney's my wife."

Surprise washed over me, but it was immediately replaced by excitement. "I knew it! You two are so adorable, I love that you two are together."

"Thank you!" Courtney said, hugging me. "This is our daughter, Alyssa." She turned to the girl, who was talking with Scorpius. "Say hi."

"Hi! I'm Alyssa."

"It's nice to meet you," I said, shaking her hand. "I'm Scorpius's mum."

"He's really nice. I hope he and I can be friends!"

"Of course."

Scorpius turned to me. "Can we find the train now?"

Alyssa turned to her new friend. "We're here, silly. We just need to walk through that wall." She pointed to the brick pillar in front of us.

"Uh, okay."

"I'll show you." She grabbed his hand. "Follow me!"

They walked together into the brick wall, successfully making it to the other side. We, the parents, followed them onto the platform.

Nostalgia instantly overcame me as I looked around at the Hogwarts Express. The bright red train looked exactly the same as it did when I last boarded it to go to Hogwarts.

"Look! There it is!" Scorpius said happily.

"Yep. Are you ready to go to the best school ever?"

"You bet!"

Draco and I took turns giving Scorpius big hugs. He looked so excited.

"Goodbye!" he said, excitement mixed in with a bit of sadness as he realised he wouldn't see us until the autumn break.

We waved to him as the train began speeding away. I stood next to Draco and held his hand, different emotions in my brain.

"We should get tea," Fawn suggested to me, Draco, and Courtney.

"That sounds like a great idea."

As we left the station, I turned to Draco.

Life really has a way of coming together in the end. I'm glad it brought me happiness and love. Some years were definitely hard, but I got through them, and it was so worth it.