Chapter 4

Torture

I look at her with no emotion. "What?" I say coldly to her. "I-i didn't say anything" she looks away with an upset and broken face. I tried to keep things to myself and not cry on the spot. As the lift came, I clench my teeth all the way so that, I wouldn't shed a tear. She glances at me,  she saw my staff lanyard and not say anything.

I didn't congratulate her because I don't know if she did manage to get to be in the finals. The memories cross my mind, it was too precious,  it was too sweet.  I miss her soft touch. I suddenly shed tears and sniffle slightly. It was loud enough to be heard in the lift with both of us. "A-are you crying? " Jihyo ask with worried,  forgetting that we broke up already. "No," I said firmly. She has no rights to ask what happen so I didn't say the cover-up reasons.

As soon as the lift reaches to whichever level, I rush out and walk to wherever my legs lead to.  I shed more tears on each and every step I take.  I saw a corner where no one would probably be there and cry there,  sliding down onto the wall and cover my eyes. I keep crying and sobbing,  only God knows for how long.  My scream of crying covers my ears that I didn't realize someone is beside me,  going to pat my back. " why are you crying so much? " that voice belongs to Jisoo. That's when I realize I was nearby my house. 

"We're in the same company. My ex. We were in the same lift and we breathe in an awkward air" I look up at her with swollen eyes. She gave me a pitiful look but also a disgusting look due to my swollen red eyes. "Damn...  It must be fate huh?" She sigh,  "come on... Let's go home...  Nobody here wants to see your DIY make up for rock concert" she drags me home. 

~~~

Today is the day.  The day that I'm going to take care of TWICE.  The day that I'm going to be in the same company as her. The day that... That I'm going to move out of this house and live in the house beside theirs. Probably would cause an uncomfortable spot to live together with TWICE since I don't know any of them yet...

I walk to the company and claim a van for the whole group of TWICE and went to the location that JYP sent me. The route to the dorm looks different from where I go to Jihyo's one. It was red light traffic and I received a call from Jisoo.  " 여부세요?(Yeobuseyo// hello?) "

"Ya!  Jihyo made it to the survival show! "

"I don't want to know-"

"Her group name is TWICE! " My mind totally went blank. "Sorry I didn't tell you earlier but because you told me before that you need to take care of a group TWICE, I have to tell you" I jolt when the car behind me honks. It was actually a green light.  I start driving again with nervousness filled. Cold sweat is rolling down my forehead.

Now I'm around the corner of their dorm and I chose to stop somewhere a little bit further than their dorm. Still not ready. My phone ring,  unknown number.  "여부세요?(Yeobuseyo// hello?)" I answer hesitating. "Y/N manager-nim... Where are you? "

"Wait...  How did you know my name? "

"Y/N manager-nim,  your number is still the same... Of course, I know your name"

"Wait... Are you Nayeon? "

"Yes... And where are you~?" Nayeon whines.  "Ah...  Hold on, "I drive slowly to their dorm,  " almost there" the call ended. When I turn the van, I saw my whole ex-classmates and their couple standing together outside their dorm building. "A-are they kidding me? " "This is such an embarrassment !"

That moment when Nayeon spotted me in a van,  sitting on the driver seat,  of course. She waved at me with a pouting face.  "Okay Y/N,  keep calm...  Don't be anxious.  Be yourself" I exhale heavily. I drove till I reach their spot and brake. The girls rush to sit at the back but left the shotgun empty which is only left only for one member. Jihyo.

Do they even know we break?

Jihyo had no choice but to sit beside me,  at the shotgun. I begin the engine and starts driving. Cold sweat starts to run down my forehead. Jihyo suddenly moves her hand, trying to wipe my sweats. I moved away to the other side to avoid her sudden touch. Jihyo froze for a while before she retrieves her hands back. "Sorry" the only word came out from Jihyo. My eyes couldn't hold anymore but the shed some tears out but weirdly it only appeared on my right eyes only. Jihyo didn't notice.

Our journey continues to their schedule's location.  I park the van and scout them to their waiting room without any words. "Isn't our manager-nim is unusually quiet today?" Jeongyeon questioned. "I- uh- I just don't know what to say since I failed the audition and now I became your Manager or a bodyguard... I had never been a manager or a bodyguard before so this is my first task" I explain my thoughts.

"But there was a suspicious move between you and Jihyo" Tzuyu sounded out.  I gulp. " did you guys... " "anyway,  you guys need to focus on your debut stage.  Let's not think about this now focus on your debut.  Don't mess it up,  I'm putting my trust in you guys" I interrupt Tzuyu. I smile bitterly,  "after this, there won't be any schedule so...  Dinners on me,  you guys can decide what you guys want to eat later, I'll be at the hall. Hwaiting! " I walk away.

Little do they know,  the corridor was small and it could be heard from far away even if they whisper.

"보고싶다...(bogosipda// i miss you) "

To be continued
Wowwwwww I know I'm late to react but Mina's teaser tho.. I died.. But do you guys realize that Mina still looks scared???

Anyway, today will be Dahyun's teaser XD

Tata!