Chapter 4: Don't Avert Your Eyes

Ako and Sarah glanced nervously at each other. The instant that Mamori let go of the roses and the present from the guy earlier, a black car that just got out of the parking lot was about to pass by.

The two ladies gasped and made it their job to pick up what lay on the ground when they saw who was in the car. Ako grabbed the roses as Sarah got the gift. They both saw the shock and surprise in the man's face when he saw his gifts forgotten and Mamori running towards a certain someone and hugging him. Tight.

Jiro recognized the man as a football star playing for the NFL. He was on TV just awhile ago. Who wouldn't know him? He was way too famous.

But Jiro did not expect the next scene he would see and he wasn't ready for it. When he saw it unfolding before his eyes, he had to pullover or he'd forget he was driving and be in an accident. He stared wide-eyed and turned pale in disbelief and pain as he watched Mamori kiss with the football star.

The two ladies shivered in horror when the spiky blond smiled despite the kiss and opened his eyes for a second to glance at the man in the car, as if mocking him before he further deepened the kiss with Mamori.

Jiro gripped the wheels tightly. His knuckles turned white. "So it's true." He didn't want to admit it. He knew that Mamori already had a boyfriend. He knew it was that football star. But he also knew that they rarely meet so he tried to sway her heart. He was the one who can be around her every single day and witness her sadness and happiness. Or so he thought.

He saw her blush a while ago when he kissed her hand before handing the roses. He thought he had succeeded. But looking at her right now, she was so engrossed in that guy that she did not even hear the sound of Jiro's car pulling over just a few inches away from them. He realized just how wide the gap was. And the spiky blond made sure that Jiro would understand that.

It hurt. It hurt so much but he can't help but look. Jiro needed to keep this in his memory to remind himself that this woman wasn't his. She already belongs to someone else.

Seeing the truth with his own eyes, Jiro could tell that Mamori was deeply in love to that man she was holding onto. He started to drive away slowly; feeling so down that every foot felt like a meter. But if that football star was in a game just a few hours ago in China and was already in Tokyo now, for his girlfriend's birthday; then he doesn't seem so bad.

Hiruma and Mamori broke their kiss for air. The couple gazed at each other's eyes and Mamori said, "I missed you too." Her ocean eyes continued gazing at the blond's emerald green eyes with so much love.

They were about to kiss again but Ako purposefully coughed to interrupt. Sarah nudge her with a look saying, 'way to go! That was brave of you!'

Hiruma glared daggers at the culprit.

Mamori gasped. How could she forget they were still in the university? People were staring at them. Her face that was already flushed turned red in embarrassment at the public display. They just kissed passionately in front of the school gate. She heard people murmuring.

Her eyes widened when she saw the familiar black sedan that passed by them just a few seconds ago. "Jiro," she muttered in a barely audible voice. 'He saw us,' she thought and a worried look was all over her face for a second.

Hiruma noticed and his face darkened. "Get.in.the.car." He hissed. His foul mood taking over again.

It was a command, and Mamori knew better than to disobey. She's in no place to worry about someone else right now. She herself was quite in a predicament. She knew that this guy can read her like a book. She needed to focus her priorities; else she would just make things worse than it already was. She face-palmed when she saw that her boyfriend was pointing at a limousine.

"You two as well," Hiruma glared at Mamori's friends.

Sarah and Ako were gawking with an expression that almost yelled 'what the hell?! We've got nothing to do with this. We're innocent!' But they just silently followed behind Mamori. They could feel someone jelly so they kept their mouth shut despite wanting to protest.