𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. the goodbye

➼➼➼➼

➼➼➼➼

italics - elvish

"Why must you leave?" Estel asked, wrapping his small arms, around Alenia's waist, peering up at her.

"Because Gandalf asked me to. I'm going to help some dwarves reclaim their homeland," The young woman said, kneeling down and brushing the boy's hair back, away from his face.

"How long will it take?" He asked, scowling.

"I don't know," Alenia answered truthfully.

"I'll miss you."

"And I, you," she replied, smiling softly.

"Oh! I have something for you!" Estel said excitedly, before rustling around in his pocket. He glanced up and smiled. "Close your eyes."

Alenia rolled her eyes jokingly, before obliging. She felt Estel grab her hand and slide something metal over her wrist.

"Now, you can open them," the boy declared gleefully.

Alenia opened her eyes, glanced down, and saw a thin metal bracelet, with leaves at the ends. She smiled widely, before pulling the little boy in for a hug. "I love it. Did you make it yourself?"

Estel nodded proudly. "Elrohir and Elladan helped me. I made it as a thank you gift."

"Well, I love it." She grinned. "Just like I love you."

Alenia moved forward, briefly kissing his nose. "I'll be back," she called over her shoulder, as she moved towards her horse, and swiftly mounted.

"Until we meet again, Lord Estel," she said goofily, bowing in her saddle.

"Goodbye!" Estel cried, racing after her, to the gate of Rivendell.

Alenia turned and waved one last time, before racing into the Hidden Passage, and out of view.

The path twisted and turned, as Alenia galloped hard in the general direction of the Shire. Gandalf had instructed her to meet him and the dwarves at a Mr. Baggins' house in two days time. The time wasn't impossible but required speed so as to not be late.

The first day soared by, as she stopped in the town of Bree for dinner and a bed. Rising early the next morning, Alenia realized she was a little ahead of schedule and therefore, did not have to rush her horse as much.

"Yes, my friend," Alenia said, stroking her horse, Livvy's neck, as they set off. "You don't have to go as fast today."

She pulled the hood of her cloak over her head, causing her brown waves of hair to poke out from the hood, effectively hiding her pointed ears.

By about dusk, she had reached the foothills of the Shire. Alenia stopped a few young hobbits for directions, who eagerly gave them, their small pointed ears twitching in delight. She smiled, and bid them farewell, before trotting off in that direction.

Alenia soon came across a round green door, set under a grassy hill. The door had a shiny, brass knob right in the center of the door, and a glowing blue rune could be seen to the right of it.

She pulled back her hood, tossed her hair over her shoulder to get it out of her face, and knocked on the door.

➼➼➼➼

a/n:

alright, double update like i said!

hope you enjoyed! vote/comment if you would like.

have a great day, and i'll see y'all friday!

- ash xx