𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. the battle; part two

➼➼➼➼

➼➼➼➼

italics - orkish

The Ranger and the orc grunted, as they struggled against each other, pushing and shoving as they rolled down the side of the mountain. One last rotation had Alenia smashing into a broken staircase, and caused Bolg to tumble over her onto a few steps below her.

He recovered quickly, and leaped at her, his mace swinging down. Alenia rolled to the side, barely evading the blow, before she slid down the icy stairs, bumping the whole way. As she reached the final step, she planted her feet and stood, lifting her sword with both hands to block the heavy mace that Bolg swung down at her yet again.

"You tried to kill Kili." she growled, side-kicking him in the stomach and causing him to stumble back a step.

"He will still die. After I kill you." Bolg said, a hideous smile gracing his face, as he swung again, forcing Alenia to spin and avoid the swipe.

"Then I guess I'm going to have to kill you first." she said, smirking slightly, her eyes murderous, as she lifted her sword in challenge.

Their weapons met again and again, blow for blow, spinning and twisting to evade each other, before striking once more. Until the orc swung at Alenia again, causing her to bring her sword up and leaving her stomach unprotected, as he withdrew his mace as quick as a snake and side-kicked her into a stone wall.

The Ranger hit the wall with a crash, her sword skittering across the stone floor, as she landed sprawled on the floor. Bolg walked over to her, as she struggled into a seated position, wheezing slightly and glaring defiantly as he lifted his mace once more.

That's when a loud crash sounded next to them, and the two turned to watch as Legolas charged at them over a newly-formed bridge, his sword out. Bolg went to smash his mace down quickly on the Ranger, but Alenia had already moved, and by then Legolas was upon him.

As Legolas and Bolg exchanged blows, Alenia stumbled to her feet a few yards away, and lunged for her fallen sword. She scooped it up and turned just in time to see her uncle force the orc backwards onto the fallen tower, striking and dodging and moving with a grace that only an elven warrior could possess.

As she started to move to help him, someone called her name from above, and she turned to see the boys looking down at her. "It's Thorin!" Fili yelled, pointing to somewhere behind him.

"Go!" Legolas shouted from where he was on the tower with Bolg. He kicked the orc back, before turning to his niece for a brief moment. "I can handle him."