𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. the battle; part one

➼➼➼➼

➼➼➼➼

italics - orkish

After cutting through the goblins with Thorin and Dwalin, Alenia turned back towards the abandoned keep on the other side of the frozen river.

"They've been gone too long." she said, looking over her shoulder at Thorin. "I'm going after them."

"Be careful." the dwarf warned, and Alenia nodded before she set off across the icy surface.

She ducked underneath a huge fallen stone, and glanced up at the keep, watching for any movement. Alenia took a deep breath, before she sprinted as quietly as she could to the other side of the ice, before pressing her back against the rocky face behind her, her arrows clicking against each other in her quiver.

Spying an outcropping above her, Alenia turned onto her belly and began to climb upwards, latching onto ledges and jumping off of the few rocks that weren't icy. Pulling herself up and onto the stone platform, she looked up once more, before she ran and leaped to grab onto another landing. The Ranger kicked her legs out, and pushed off of the wall beside her to give her enough of a boost to scramble to her knees on the next platform.

Alenia panted quietly, before standing to look around once more. She moved to climb to the next platform, but froze behind an outcropping, as a single drumbeat echoed through Ravenhill.

Glancing out around the wall, she watched in horror as Azog appeared on a stone balcony on her upper left, dragging a beaten and bloody Fili behind him.

Quietly slinging her bow off of her back, and nocking an arrow, she edged her foot just beyond the wall she was hiding behind, angling it for a better pivot.

"This one dies first. Then the brother." Azog shouted, and Alenia assumed he was glaring down at Thorin, with the worst smirk imaginable plastered onto his face. "Then you, Oakenshield. And then I will find that bitch of a half-elf and end her too."

As Fili let out a choked, "no," Alenia rushed out from her hiding spot behind a wall, releasing her bowstring in a single motion. The arrow implanted itself in Azog's side, causing him to let go of Fili with a cry of pain.

Causing Fili to drop right over the edge of the balcony.

"Shit." Alenia muttered, before leaping into the air after the dwarf. She whipped out her sword, stabbing it into the rock face, as she grabbed ahold of Fili's outstretched hand, straining to hold onto both.