𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄. the healing

➼➼➼➼

➼➼➼➼

italics - elvish

"Hold her down." Legolas called from where he stood crumbling the athelas into a bowl of water.

As the other dwarves pressed down on the half-elf, Kili grabbed Alenia's ice-cold hand, gave it a quick squeeze, and muttered, "Hang on. Please, hang on," before he moved to her shoulders to press them down, as Legolas carried the bowl over.

The elf dropped a hand into the leafy liquid, scooped the contents out, and pressed it to Alenia's wound. "May the blessing that was given to me be sent from me to her, may she be released from death."

Alenia started thrashing and screaming in pain. The dwarves tried to shove her back down, but with her limbs moving wildly it was too difficult for the four of them. Sigrid joined the dwarves and yelled for Tilda to come help as well.

The smaller girl joined them, and they were finally able to push Alenia down again, as Legolas chanted the same elvish phrase, slowly drawing the poison out.

Eventually, Alenia's movements stilled, and the blackness that had been creeping through the veins in her body disappeared, causing Oin and Fili to stagger away to the kitchen, where the healer muttered about the wonders of elvish medicine.

Alenia's eyes opened blearily, and Kili felt his eyes tear up slilghtly.

"Thank the Valar." he mumbled, pressing a kiss to her forehead, before turning to Legolas. "Thank you."

Legolas nodded, grabbing a few strips of cloth to begin binding Alenia's leg.

"Uncle?" Alenia asked, her voice ragged.

"Lie still." Legolas warned, and Kili walked away to give them some privacy.

"You came."

"Of course I did." The elf retorted. "Someone had to save your stubborn ass."

Alenia smiled slightly. "I am stubborn, aren't I?"

"You get it from your mother."

"Look I'm sorry about everything I said in Mirkwood." Alenia said.

"Don't worry about it." Legolas said, tying the cloth tightly to finish the bandage. "I know things haven't been easy for you in forever."

Alenia snorted. "You got that right. I don't think I'm ever going to forgive Gramps."

"Completely understandable. I should've-"

The elf was cut off by a earth-shattering roar that echoed across the lake. Thunderous claps of wind sounded from outside, as the ceiling and house shook again.

Alenia looked out the window in the far wall from her spot on the table and saw the plume of fire, the soaring figure. The moonlight glinting off the enormous talons, and razor sharp teeth.

"He's coming." she whispered.

➼➼➼➼

a/n:

this chapter is dedicated to the amazing krr204

she's the absolute sweetest and gave me some advice. and she's writing kili durin fics as well and they're amazing! go read them!

thanks so much for all your support love!

oh, well. oh, and this is the end of act two! onto act three <33

- ash xx