𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. the spiders

➼➼➼➼

➼➼➼➼

italics - elvish

Alenia snapped awake to the sound of hissing, and went to move, only to be restrained by a bundle of spider webs wrapped around her entire body.

Alenia started to hyperventilate, as she felt something crawl over her, it's teeth clicking.

"Oh my god." she thought, tears starting to fall. "I knew I was right to fear spiders. We're all going to die."

The hissing of the spiders grew louder in anger, before they faded as they sped away from wherever Alenia was.

Alenia strained against the webs, but they might as well have been made of steel, in her panicked condition. Just as she started to lose hope of ever escaping, she heard a sword being drawn next to her, before she fell to the ground below. As she hit the ground, she groaned, before she threw herself at the silky strands again, desperately trying to get out.

The hissing could be heard again, and Alenia whimpered, before someone tore through the webs on the other side.

"Kili." she gasped. "Oh my god. I told you spiders were horrible."

"I know," Kili grumbled, as he helped her out of the webs and onto her feet. "I'm beginning to see why you hate them."

Alenia reached for the webs hanging off of her person, and dragging them off of her, shuddering as the hissing got louder and louder.

"Are you okay?" Kili asked, hugging her, as her trembling increased.

"I'll be fin-" Alenia started, before she caught a glimpse of the giant spider perched in the trees, ready to pounce on them. "Holy shit!"

It leaped at them, and Alenia shoved Kili over, so they fell to the ground, and the spider flew over them.

Alenia jumped up quickly, drawing her sword, and sliced off it's leg as it charged them, before she stabbed it in the face, which caused spider goo to splatter all over.

"Oh, that is nasty." Alenia moaned, wiping at her face with her sleeve. "This day literally couldn't get any worse."

"Uh, there's more incoming!" Fili yelled from the other side of the clearing.

Kili and Alenia raced after the rest of the Company as they ran through the forest, with more and more spiders dropping to the forest floor.

The dwarves and Alenia cut down spiders as they came at them, but eventually there were too many on their tail to dispose of by themselves.