𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. the defiler

➼➼➼➼

➼➼➼➼

bold - orkish

"Five, six, seven, eight...Bifur, Bofur...that's ten...Fili, Kili, Alenia...that's thirteen...Bombur - that makes fourteen. Where's Bilbo? Where is our Hobbit? Where is our hobbit?!" Gandalf asked, as the Company paused at the edge of a copse of pine trees, just beyond the mountains.

Alenia cursed, when she realized that Gandalf was right, and that their burglar was missing.

"Curse the halfling! Now he's lost?!" Dwalin cried out angrily.

"I thought he was with Dori!" Oin said.

"Don't blame me!" Dori said.

"Well, where did you last see him?" Gandalf asked.

"I think I saw him slip away, when they first collared us." Nori piped up.

"I'll go back and get him." Alenia said, turning to head back to the mountain.

"That's suicide." Kili said, grabbing the half-elf's arm, and pulling her back.

"We can't just leave him." Alenia shrugged his hand off.

Thorin stepped in front of the half-elf. "There's no need for that. I know exactly what happened. Master Baggins saw his chance and he took it! He's thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since first he stepped out of his door! We will not be seeing our Hobbit again. He is long gone."

Thorin passed her, leaving Alenia staring at the mountains behind them, before she too turned away.

"No, he isn't." A voice came from behind them.

The Company turned around, to see their burglar standing before them.

"Bilbo!" Alenia shoved through the dwarves to get to the halfling, before she picked him up and swung him around in a ginormous hug.

"Bilbo Baggins! I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life!" Gandalf laughed, as Alenia set the hobbit down.

Bilbo patted Balin's shoulder as he entered the throng of the Company.

"Bilbo, we'd given you up!" Kili exclaimed.

"How on earth did you get past the Goblins?!" Fili asked.

"How, indeed." Dwalin muttered.

Bilbo laughed nervously, before he slid a hand into his pocket. Alenia and Gandalf shared a glance before Gandalf stated that, "Well, what does it matter? He's back!"