𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄. the orcs

➼➼➼➼

➼➼➼➼

italics - elvish

The earth rumbled as at least a thousand armored dwarves crested the hill to the right of the elven army, the sun rising into the sky behind them. As the troops lined up along the top of the hill, their leader emerged. He was sat on a pig, wielded a large battleaxe, and his presence brought about a silence from his soldiers immediately.

"Ironfoot." Gandalf muttered, as the dwarves standing atop the gate began cheering at the arrival of their people.

"Say what now?" Alenia asked, as they hurried after Thranduil, who was riding through his own army, shouting orders for them to turn and face their newly arrived enemies. "Gandalf, who is that? He doesn't look very happy. Also, why is he riding a pig?"

"It is Dain, lord of the Iron Hills - Thorin's cousin." Gandalf answered.

"Are they alike?" the half-elf asked, as they strode quickly through the elven army that marched forward in neat lines towards the dwarves.

"I always found Thorin the more reasonable of the two." Gandalf said, pausing slightly to turn to the female, a grave expression set on his face.

"Shit, we're screwed." she muttered, as the two armies halted a few hundred yards away from each other. Gandalf grunted his agreement, as Dain and his pig trotted forward.

"Good morning! How are we all?" Dain called, a thick accent masking his words slightly. "I have a wee proposition, if you wouldn't mind giving me a few moments of your time. Would you consider...just sodding off!"

The townspeople fell back in fear, while the elves stepped forward, drawing their swords.

"All of you - right now!" the dwarf lord yelled, brandishing his axe.

"Stand fast!" Bard yelled.

"Come now, Lord Dain!" Gandalf called, moving forward to get in front of the army.

"Gandalf the Grey." Dain said. "Tell this rabble to leave, or I'll water the ground with their blood!"

"There is no need for war between dwarves, men and elves!" Gandalf protested. "A legion of orcs march on the mountain. Stand your army down!"

"An orc army?" she hissed to Thranduil.

"So he claims." he responded, still staring ahead at the dwarves.

"I swear I'm going to throttle that wizard one day for the secrets he keeps from me." Alenia seethed. "Because I guarantee he's right."

"Now, now. You can't just go around throttling elderly men." her grandfather chided, before looking down, smirking slightly.