chapter 1

What do you mean you couldn't bring your self to do it?! why?! tell me why, Jack?!  questioned Arcee while the surrounding autobots stayed silent.

I don't know Arcee!

What do you mean you don't know?! Her spark was exposed in front of you! she ranted while putting a dent in the wall.

I said I don't know!

It's just as I thought. I knew we shouldn't have let him join but no, I had to babysit a brat who spared our worst enemy!

Tsk' your enemy not mines.

Care to repeat that Darby.

You heard me. I said it's your enemy, not mines! Do I have say it slower so you can understand? Jack said mockingly.

That would be enough! Arcee, take a ride for now. Jack, meet me in my office; spoke Optimus in a tone that no one is use to seeing except ironhide and warpath.

Ratchet seeing this, opened the ground bridge as Arcee reluctantly transformed and drove off speeding.

Jack on the other hand was lead to Optimus office with Ironhide following. Once Jack got seated,  Optimus began his questions.

What happened Jack? He asked calmly while staring Jack in the face.

He sighed before looking at his hands.

I don't know. "True, I wanted to end her life for harming my mother and Tailgate, but....

"But what son? I don't see the problem here. A lot of Autobots were eliminated by that wench and yet you spared her. so explain?" Questioned Ironhide with his arms folded.

I'm trying too if you'll let me speak!

"Ironhide that's enough! We need Jack to tell his side of the story efficiently. Jack, I believe you had a reason for doing so and I want to hear it".   

"Alright, you might not believe me, but..... I saw her entire life. Saw all of her memories. From when she was born all the way to becoming a Decepticon. The experiments Megatron did to her. The bugs contaminating her with their venom".

"Look I don't know how, but whatever happened, when her spark was presented, I couldn't do it. It was like a tug that made me drawn to her before my chest began burning.

At that information Optimus curiosity was piqued.

Elaborate.

"It's like I said. More like a burning sensation" he stated while placing his hand on his chest.

"Jack, remove your shirt for a moment".

Huh?

"That's in order".

"If you say so" he replied while removing his shirt. Once he removed his shirt, he noticed a strange golden crest ingrained in his chest. And it's shiny like metal!

What the? Optimus, w-what's going on?! It wasn't like this a couple of minutes ago! Panicked Jack.

Ironhide was taken back by the situation as well.

"By the Matrix". It would seem that you and Arachnid have bonded somehow. That would've explained why the Matrix resonated earlier.

Optimus, are you serious? Questioned Ironhide at which Optimus nodded.

"This secret is to be kept unknown to the others until they're ready". "Jack, due to your situation, if Arcee finds out about your predicament, I fear the worst may happen. Which is why you're no longer to be apart of this organization" stated Optimus shocking both Ironhide and Jack.