Part 2

I'm so overwhelmed right now!! You're all so lovely, thank you for taking time to read and enjoy my stories, it means the world to me x
This is just a little update, but I hope you all enjoy!!

*Dakota's POV*

I jump awake. My phones ringing loudly beside me. I check the time 01:32. Sighing loudly, I check caller ID and roll my eyes as 'Jamie' flashes on the screen.

"You do realise it's half one in the morning and you're waking a pregnant lady up?" I groan, rolling over into my back, my eyes closed. "Can I stay with you? Amelia kicked me out, I have no where to go" his voice is hoarse and it alerts me. "Of course.. are you ok?" I frown, darting up out of bed to start sorting the spare room out.

"No" He whispers and I swallow the lump in my throat. "I'll see you soon" I hear him say and then he hangs up. I sigh and rub my head. Could this shit get any worse? I chuckle to myself. Obviously it can.

There's soon a knock at my door and I open it to find Jamie there with a gym bag which i assume is full of clothes, and on the side of his cheek there's a cut that's got dried up blood around it. I gasp and let him in, locking the door behind him and closing the front gates by pressing the button by the door.

"Wait she hit you?" I frown and follow him through to the kitchen. He grabs the whisky bottle from the cupboard above the fridge freezer and pours himself one, downing it before pouring himself another.

"I've fucked up. I should've never gone back to her. She's crazy. Now she'll never let me see my children" he chokes out, downing the second whiskey before wiping his mouth. I watch him, placing my hand over his on the whiskey bottle as he goes to pour himself another.

"Don't... this isn't you" I say softly, taking the bottle from his hands and placing the lid back on it. He watches me as I stretch to put the bottle back in the cupboard, pressing the button on the coffee machine to make him a drink. "I'll make you a drink and you can tell me what happened.." I smile slightly.

He takes himself over the sofa and sits down, his head In his hands. I grab his coffee and the first aid box I have in the kitchen, going over to sit next to him, curling my legs under myself. "Here, drink this.. and let me sort this out whilst you tell me what's happened" I say softly. He takes the mug and has a sip before resting it against his knee.

I take a anti-septic wipe out the box and gently dab the dried blood from the cut. He winces slightly and I pout. "I'm sorry.. go on, what happened?" I ask to distract him.

"She asked me where I had been as soon as I got in. I told her to see you, she went bat shit crazy.. it was bad. Lashing out, shouting in my face it I kept my cool and I told her I don't want her anymore. I said we was filing for divorce and then I showed her the scan" he takes a deep breath.

"She got so angry at that, threw a photo frame of me and the girls at me. That's how I got the cut.." he whisper, taking a sip of his drink. I frown, dabbing the cut a little bit more before resting my fingers under his chin and lifting his head so I can take a proper look. "I don't think there's any serious damage" I whisper, stroking his cheek with my thumb slightly before kissing above the cut.

"I'm sorry she got angry.. at least you've told her how you really feel now" I say quietly, stroking his cheek; watching him. "I'm glad I have, she can't control me anymore. I can be there for you now.. and our baby" he rests his hand over my stomach and I stop breathing. His head is back against the sofa, eyes closed.

I watch him for the longest time; drinking him in. I've missed him. There I admitted it. I get up and put the box back, he downs his coffee and puts the cup in the sink. "I promise.. I'll look after you. Im going to show that I really want this" he pulls me into his arms, hugging me. "We'll take each day as it comes" I whisper, smiling as he kisses my head.

"Come on, I'll show you to your room" I pull away from him, walking ahead of him up the stairs. I know his eyes are on me, on my backside, as I walk. I smirk to myself. When we get to the hallway upstairs he goes to walk into my room but I stand by the spare room with my hand on my hip.

"Uh uh, no way mister. This way" I use my finger to point the spare room. He gives me the biggest puppy dog eyes and I pout. "Don't." I say quietly and he sighs, going into the bedroom.

I head to the spare bathroom and grab him a few fresh towels and then head back to his room. He's taken his top off and I pause at the door, my mouth open slightly. "Enjoying the view?" He chuckles as he sits on the bed.

"Erm.. here's some towels for you to use.." I flush, leaving the towels on the drawers in his room. "Thank you.. and thank you for letting me stay" he smiles sadly. I nod and smile, heading to the door.

"Well, goodnight then.. or good morning" I chuckle, realising it's just after three in the morning. "Yeah I'm sorry for waking you" he laughs and I giggle. "I forgive you.. goodnight" I smile and leave his room, closing the door behind me and resting my head on it for a few seconds.

Comments appreciated as always ❤️