Part 4

Heyyy!! Here's another update! Enjoy xx

*Dakota's POV*

I wake with the urge to throw up. Only just making it to the bathroom in time to throw my head over the toilet and bring up any food I had in my stomach. I slump to the floor, dressed in one of Jamie's tops and black lace pants. I soon hear him, he's in the en-suite with me and he's stroking my hair from my face.

"It's okay.. it's okay, I've got you" he murmurs sleepily and I smile weakly, resting my head against him. He gives me some water and I take a welcomed sip before putting it down. "Come on baby" he lifts me into his arms and I curl up when he places me on the bed. He gets back in and covers us up, stroking my hair from my face again.

"Thank you" I whisper, closing my eyes. He kisses my cheek and I smile a bit. "Sleep baby, we don't have to go out until later" he whispers against my forehead.

It's been a week since being told the baby's heartbeat wasn't as it should be. Today we find out whether they're okay. It's been a week since me and Jamie slept together again, he's been staying in my bed since. I sleep better with him next to me.

I wake from nodding off, Jamie's laid next to me gazing at me. "I could watch you sleep forever.. but we should think about getting up and ready for your appointment " he smiles slightly, leaning over to kiss the corner of my mouth.

"Okay.." I smile slightly. "I'm going to have a shower" i sit up slowly and Jamie gets up. I shower and then he does too, I change into black jeans and a grey top.

We head downstairs and Jamie prepares breakfast for us. Toast with eggs and bacon. We sit and eat but I just pick at mine. "Are you not eating?" He asks, gazing at me as he finishes his breakfast.

"I can't.. I'm too scared about today.." I whisper and he takes my hand. "Okay.. but promise to eat after?" He raises an eyebrow and I nod, smiling slightly. "I will I promise" i kiss his cheek and he smiles, taking our plates away.

---

"How're you both doing?" Kelly smiles warmly at us as we sit down. "Nervous about today" I smile a bit and she nods. "Of course.. you look well though, and I can notice you've gotten bigger, that's a good sign" she smiles and I let out the breath I had been holding in.

"Yeah my mom said that.." I smile a bit. She types some information into the computer and then instructs me to get comfy on the bed. I do as she says and lift my top as Jamie grips hold of my spare hand, squeezing it gently before kissing it.

She squirts some gel onto my stomach and grabs the probe, gently moving it around to get a proper look. I'm holding my breath. Jamie's tense beside me. Second later there's a heartbeat. I watch the screen and Kelly as she grins widely, pausing the ultrasound so we can see our baby. It's bigger than last week.

"All is good!" She grins to me. Jamie relaxes beside me. "Really?" I Well up, covering my face with both hands, crying softly. "The heartbeat is perfect" she gently rubs my arm to comfort me. I take a few seconds to compose myself, Jamie kissing my head repeatedly.

"Thank you.." I smile shyly, drying my eyes as I look to Kelly. "I'll get you a few scan photos printed" she smiles and cleans my stomach, helping me sit up before wandering to the next room. "Thank god" I whisper, looking to Jamie. He grins and wipes his eyes before using his thumbs to wipe my cheeks, gently placing a kiss on my lips.

"I told you they'd be fine.." he whispers, resting his forehead against mine. I pull him to me and wrap my arms around his waist as I hug him. "Thank you for being here with me.. thank you for not leaving." I whisper and I smile when I feel him kiss my head.