Part 7

Hi! Sorry it's been a while, been a little stuck with this story, but here's an update anyway!
Enjoy xx

*Jamie's POV*

I wake to the sound of giggling. I turn to Dakota but she's sound asleep still, it gets louder and I realise it's the girls and Leo. I chuckle to myself, getting out of bed carefully to not wake Dakota. I slide my top on and go in search of them.

It's been three months since Leo's birthday, my family went back to Ireland a few weeks after. The girls went back to Amelia but then came back to us, they go back home tomorrow.

"Daddy's coming, hide!" I hear Dulcie whisper as I stand outside Leo's room. He squeals and the three of them laugh. I can't help but chuckle listening to them. I open the door slowly and as quietly as I can. Elva is stood in the middle of the room, Leo is just behind his curtain and Dulcie is giggling from behind the door.

"No! I didn't get to hide" Elva whines and I chuckle, picking her up onto my hip, tickling her neck as she giggles. "Where's the other two cheeky babies?" I ask and she points to the door and the curtain, through I can see Leo's little feet. Dulcie jumps out at me and Leo squeals as he waddles towards my legs.

I kneel down and Dulcie jumps on me when I've put Elva down. It takes me by surprise and I tumble backwards into the floor. All three of them dive on to me and I laugh, tickling Dulcie and Elva as Leo sits across my chest, bouncing and giggling his head off.

We all gasp and turn our heads as one when the bedroom door opens. Dakota is standing there in pyjamas shorts and a hoodie, yawning and rubbing her eye. "What's Happening here then?" She chuckles a bit walking in. "It's daddy play fight time" Dulcie giggles as Elva takes Leo's place on my chest.

"Mama" Leo waddles over to her, grinning from ear to ear. They have such a beautiful bond it melts my heart. "Good morning my cheeky baby" she lifts him on to her hip and he grins, cuddling into her side. "More like beat daddy up time" I chuckle, sitting up as the girls sit in my knee.

"We won!" Dulcie sticks her tongue out at me, giving Elva a high five before they both get up. They each hug Dakota and I smile watching them, before getting up too. "Good morning" I smile lovingly at her as she stands, I walk to her, resting my hand on her bum as I lean to kiss her.

"Good morning yourself" she smiles shyly, kissing me again before they all wander downstairs. Dakota and I make breakfast whilst Dulcie, Elva and Leo play and watch tv in the living room.

"I need to pop out later, will you be okay with the kids for a bit?" She smiles shyly at me and I nod, kissing her cheek as I walk by her. "Where do you need to go?" I ask, curious. "It's a surprise" she winks, taking the girls' breakfast to the table.

"Girls, breakfast" she tells them as she takes Leo's hand and walks with him to his high chair, lifting him to sit in it. "But, I don't like surprises" I pout and she chuckles, tapping my bum. "I'm sure you'll like this one though.. I want to cook for you too, so we can get the kiddies into bed a bit earlier" she smiles sweetly and I grin.

"Okay baby, sure" we sit at the table with the girls and Leo. Dakota helps Leo with his porridge whilst she eats hers. The girls eat nicely as they discuss what they want to play today. I watch and Dakota gazes at them, eating quietly.

Once we've all done Dakota takes the dishes and loads the dishwasher, I clean the kids' hands and the table then let them help Leo upstairs to get changed for the day. We head up after them, I change to shorts and a t-shirt, Dakota puts some gym leggings on and a baggy grey top.