Part 3

Here's a super long update! Thank you all for the kind words about both my stories, I hope you enjoy this update x

*Dakota's PoV *

It's been two weeks since Jamie told Amelia about our baby, he's been staying with me since and I've loved it. He's been nothing but caring and he cooks for me every day. I've been doing a bit of promo for the peanut butter falcon so he's been watching the house for me. So far, he's kept to his promise of making things up to me, he's even held my hair back for the mornings I've been sick. though I still make sure he sleeps in the spare room every night, none of that funny business just yet.

Today he had a meeting with a solicitor and he's picked me up for lunch and then we have my twelve week scan. He's brought me to my favourite restaurant and we're sat out the way of any attention. He's ordered us a massive chicken platter and a side of fries.

"I'm nervous, about today.." I say quietly, looking down at my plate. "It's going to be fine.. don't worry about it, it's just a check up" he takes my hand under the table, squeezing it gently before we go back to eating our food.

I nod slightly, finishing my meal. Once he pays we head out to his car, and with the radio in the background he drives us to the doctors office. We get taken straight through to the room, and the midwife soon comes through. she has long auburn hair that's tied in a pony tail, she's wearing while trousers and a nurse top, she's got a bit of make up on and a warm smile. She's really pretty.

"Hi, I believe we've met before, I'm Kelly and I'll be your midwife through your pregnancy and after" she smiles and we both shake her hand. "Today I'll be checking everythings going good so far, and we'll set you a due date. We'll then have to make another appointment and we'll go from there." She smiles as she types on the computer.

"If you'd just like to get comfy on the bed over there for me miss Johnson, I'll be right back" she smiles warmly and wanders through the door. I take my jacket off and Jamie holds it whilst I climb onto the bed, taking a deep breath.

She enters the room again holding a file and she wheels the ultrasound machine over to us and takes a seat. "This might be cold" she smiles and I lift my shirt. She squirts the gel on to my stomach and uses the same probe to spread it around.

We soon see the baby on screen, that's grown bigger since the last time I had a scan. The heartbeat filling the room. I turn to Jamie and he's got tears in his eyes, I smile shyly and look back to the screen as kelly frowns. "What's wrong? Is everything okay with my baby?" I watch her, my eyes welling up.

"Just give me one second miss Johnson, I need to get another doctor." She rushes out the door and I watch. "Somethings wrong, whats going on?" I panic, wiping my cheeks as tears fall. "Shhh, calm down... everything's going to be okay, I promise." Jamie kisses my head repeatedly and I rest my head back on the bed as another doctor comes in.

He has white hair, tall, a friendly manner that I warm to immediately. "Miss Johnson, I'm Carl, my colleague here just wants me to check something for her, if you'll relax for me, everything is fine" he smiles warmly, whilst Kelly grabs the probe and starts prodding at my stomach.

My breathing is deep and my heart is beating fast, panicking about the health of my unborn baby. I know Jamie's worried too, I can tell by his eyes. The heartbeat fills the room once more and I watch as they both frown at the screen. "What's wrong?" I whisper, my eyes filling up once more.

"It seems your baby's heartbeat is quite low.. lower than it should be" Dr Carl frowns, before looking at me with sad eyes. Kelly looks at me with sad eyes.