Part 8

Hi everyone! Another little update for this story, I haven't updated since November last year so I hope you're all still interested!!
hope you're all keeping safe too xx

*Dakota's POV*

Today's marks being 22 weeks pregnant, this pregnancy is flying by compared to Leo's. My sickness hasn't been so bad and to say I'm over half way, my bump is smaller than Leo's was at this stage. Jamie's working so he can't attend my scan so I'm going alone, my mom has Leo for a little while.

I get called into the nurses room and she greets me warmly. It's the same lady I had for Leo's pregnancy, which makes me feel a lot more at ease than it would if I had a different nurse. "So how's things?" She grins at me as she gets my records up on the computer.

"Good actually! I'm feeling a lot more relaxed through this pregnancy than I did with Leo.." I giggle a bit and she laughs. "The second one is always the easiest, you know what to expect" she smiles warmly at me, asking me to make myself comfy on the bed and lift my top.

I do as she asks and she gets the ultrasound machine ready, squirting the cold gel over my bump before using the probe to search for the baby. I grin when the heartbeat fills the room, watching her as she goes through all the checks she needs. "Baby is really healthy. They're growing perfectly, Weight is good" she looks back to the screen. "Heartbeat is strong which is good! I think we'll keep your due date at august 22nd." She smiles at me warmly, handing me the photos that print off.

"Now, baby's in the perfect position for me to see the gender, is that something you want to know?" She smiles at me excitedly and I pout. "We never got chance to speak about that this morning..." I shrug a bit. "Well, I can put it on paper and stick it in a envelope for you to take home and then if you want to know it's there?" She suggests and I grin.

"That would be perfect, thank you" I sit up slowly when she tells me I can, gently wiping my own stomach before letting my top back down. She heads over to her desk and sorts out the gender reveal for me, handing me the envelope. "I'm going to be so tempted to look in this all afternoon now" I chuckle.

"I definitely would have to" she giggles and then we sit down. "I don't think I'll need to see you again after this, is there anything you'd like to go over?" She asks. "I don't think there is, I've given you my birth plan, we're slowly but surely sorting his or her nursery out. Next will be hospital bags" I grin and she nods, grinning too.

"Well I think you're all set! If you need anything between now and the delivery, don't hesitate to give me a call" she stands and we hug briefly, I thank her before leaving. I get to my car and reach for my phone from my bag, noticing a text from Jamie.

'Sorry I had to rush off this morning, I hope Leo was a good boy for mommy. I wish I could be at the scan with you today, let me know how it goes baby. I love you xx'

I grin, typing out a reply.

'Leo wasn't naughty, just cheeky like his daddy!! Baby is doing really well, I got cute scan photos for when you're home. I love you more Mr xx'

I drive over to my moms house, parking on her driveway and heading inside. Just as I'm about to head into the kitchen Leo comes running for my legs, grinning. "Mama mama mama" he shouts and I giggle, lifting him up onto my hip, careful of the bump.

"Hello my beautiful boy, are you being good for nanny?" I kiss his cheek and he grins, cuddling into my neck. He nods and I grin too, kissing his head. "Hey mama" I grin when I see her washing up after giving Leo some lunch. "Hey darling, you okay? How was the scan?" She asks as I sit Leo at the breakfast bar, sitting next to him.