Just call me Charlie

10 am couldn't could fast enough! I'm dressed in my best casual clothes, make up perfect and hair well... Hair as good as it can get, this is the first time iv had a study date I'm nervous as hell but I don't want anyone to know, pulling off my sunglasses when I entered the library I could spot Tom almost right away but he isn't alone...

My heart dropped, he laughed like the dark haired boy beside him had just said the funniest thing in the world... I almost didn't want to go over there but my feet had a mind of their own today "um hey Tom" putting all my effort into sounding confident had gone no where I sounded weak and upset "hey! Charlaine! This is my cousin Dennis, mom made me bring him cause he's staying with us and we'll he'd get into trouble staying with Doug" Toms voice sounded so perfect? Wait am did I really think he had a perfect voice?

Coming today seemed like a waste of time Tom wanted to study Denis however wanted to do anything to annoy him "So Charlaine you been around? That why you know so much about this?" was he kidding? "No I haven't and if you wouldn't mind could you please sit on a chair rather than sitting on the table it makes your look stupid not cool" putting Denis in his place made me feel better "you probably don't know anything anyway" this guy has been getting on my nerves very badly "I know more than you do, you think just because your a street thug you know everything?" Everything slipped out before I could stop it "Charlie if I can call you that... Tell me what you know about the Pot that's going around your school... Tommy here's to shy to ask" Tom wants pot? Why? He's such a nice guy "well umm" nervously I shut my book and looked them both in the eyes "a guy named Quinn who sells Atom bombs which is weed and Heroin, Dalton deals mostly in LBJ something you should never ever do weed and LSD should never be mixed, Reagan Dunham is the big time dealer he has a product called cocoa puff a mix of weed and coke" both Tom and Denis had given me a look of shock before Tom sighed "Charlie... Do you know anything the kid who died from what I thinks called Zoom?" I swear that's all anyone talks about now "what do you think would happen if you smoke dope and PCP?" Everything changed real fast "Charlie have you smoked any?" Was this my chance to come clean and be honest? "Well yeah.. Everyone has" disappointment flooded into Toms face "Charlaine can we go outside please? I don't want to make scene" Denis grabbed my arm rather roughly as Tom put my books away "don't be so rough with her Booker" booker? Who the fuck is booker? Isn't he a McQuaid? When we got outside Tom had me sit in the back of his car "Charlaine Shakyo, your under arrest for illegal consumption of narcotics" after he had read me my rights nothing had been said.

The drive to an old run down church made me sick to my stomach "Hanson! Why are you bringing her to the Chapel!" Hanson? Officer Hanson... Shut I had ratted out almost all of the senior year to a police officer the words shit and fuck come to mind...