A crazy little thig called love? Oh wait nevermind

'Rather than self mutilation I have taken to smoking and drinking... But it's not going to well, you see I now have a boyfriend! Yes I know the girl who thought she was incapable of being loved is in a very committed relationship with a man who loves me, yes a man not a boy a 29 year old man who loves me every much he opened his home to me.... But it's not really what I expected it to be you know? He was always so beautiful and sweet to me always used to treat me like a princes but now not so much it's more along the lines of me doing everything for him and him never appreciating anything I do for him.

Normally I wouldn't say anything about it but as of late it's getting out of hand he's been getting how do you put it nicely? Kinda rough? And a little aggressive? It wasn't such a bother at the start but now I'm starting to get scared for my safety and my mental wellbeing but mostly im scared that someone is going to start taking notice of my strange activities and behaviour. I know Tom has started to notice that Iv been instinctively flinching away from touch whenever he comes to visit me at Dawson's house but he never likes coming to visit and I don't blame him. Whenever Dawson is home everything feels so tense like anything could set him off with his temper and once it starts you know your stuck with it till the next day or until he decided he needs something.

In all honesty I feel more like a savant than his girlfriend I mean do all girlfriends wait on their boyfriends hand and foot? Or is it normal to feel like a bootlicker? Cause I sure as hell do!'

Closing my journal and slipping it into my underwear draw when I heard the front door open "Char I'm home! I'm not staying! I'm going out with my bros don't know when I'll be back" rushing to the door to hug him like he always likes "get off me I'm late" pushing me back as I wrapped my arms around him "I-im sorry I though you liked a hug when you got home from work?" He never answered me all he did was pack a bag of clothes from our bedroom and leave without so much as word to me as per normal it's always like this on Friday afternoon but I normally invite Doug over and we watch the game well more he watches it and I enjoy the company guess it's the small things you miss.

Pulling out my phone I waited for Dawson's car to leave the driveway before I dialled Doug's number and pressed the phone to my ear "hey charlie! What's happening? Dawson left you alone again?" He knew all to well how it was but he never knew how deep it really went "uh yeah if that's all good and your not busy?" A large paused broke our conversation "yeah it's fine with me I'll see you around 10? I'll bring the pizza you put the game on and we got ourself a kick ass Friday night" I could alway count on Doug to want to hang out, I wasn't sure if it was him doing it because he felt bad for me but one way or another he kept me sane and for that I'm thankful.