Heartbeats just like the tick of a clock

Tom had been holding me and rocking with me in his arms for the last half and hour now, i was wrapped in a towel held well more laying on his chest with a blanket around the two of us still trying to keep me warm whilst Judy say across from us worrying about me "im sorry judy... im sorry i put you in such a shitty potion... My head got the better of me" I couldn't move my head from under Toms chin because he held me so tight: one arm around my waist and one around my shoulders to keep my to his chest "you scared us all half to death Charlie" he voice sounded scared and frightened "...I'm sorry I won't do it again... Guess everything caught up with me and I... I got overwhelmed and... I don't know how to cope under pressure and I just-" I started to sob again. Honestly I'm shocked I still have any tears left to cry, Tom arms got tighter and rubbed me soothingly "shhh your ok now, your safe" toms voice rattled in my ear that had been pressed to his chest "h-h-he's going to f-f-find me.... And he g-g-going to k-kill me" choking out the words as I sobbed into his still damp shirt "we won't let him get to you Char, he's gonna have to go through me and that's no easy feet see Haa!" Doug defensive stance that accompanied his sound effects made me giggle a little "thanks Dougy"

It was late I could tell. my eyes burnt to keep open but still I tried to, I still laid in toms arms he hadn't tried to move me not had he tried to make me talk to him... I knew in the morning he'd push me to talk but that could wait for now... Right now all I could think about is how his heart head sounded *thump thump* *thump thump* *thump thump* it sounded so slow and calming. I tried to get mine to match his but it was still beating to fast "you can go to sleep Charlie... You need it sweetie" his soft beautiful voice caused my eyes to flutter shut and enjoy the warmth of his chest threw his shirt under my cheek as his heart beat soothed me. His intoxicating that scent filled my nose whenever he was around made falling asleep that little bit more peaceful... Where I'd be without Tom Hanson I have no idea! I don't even want to think about it... I don't want to be anywhere else but right here with him.

I was enjoying a pleasant sleep until a loud crash came from the kitchen followed by... a fast beating heart? Was I still asleep on Tom? Crap! Well no not really, the complete opposite! I haven't even noticed that over the last few days that I had grown more and more attached to the police officer and now I think iv developed an emotional stability with him... I can't say the fee- word yet! people that iv said that about always seem to get hurt so I'm not about to jinx it now, Not with Tom...

His heart beat had returned to normal now as he had started to shift under me like he had fallen back into his slumber. There is nothing I wouldn't give to make this moment last forever <3