"Ditching" school at the chaple

when i woke this morning i still smelt that smell... it was bugging me that i couldn't place it, but strangely it smelt stronger than it did last night? like who ever it was was right there with me? beside me even? "should we wake her? i mean we do have school to get to and we gotta take her to jumpsteet before we go to school" Doug's voice seemed to be louder in the morning than any other time "I'm already awake..." opening my eyes to see both Doug and Tom standing side the sofa i had slept on the night before... ITS HIM! That's who iv been smelling all night Tom freaking Hanson! "we cant let you go to school Charlie so we have to take you to Jumpstreet to keep you out of danger till everything cools down ok?" toms soft voice soothed me and made me feel safe as he sat down on the side of the sofa besides my knees, touching them softly in a reassuring way and adding a warm smile for good measure "Toms right we gotta keep you out of danger and the safest place in town is the jumpstreet chapel! youll be under the watchful eye of mr Adam Fuller, with comedic entertainment of the human Blowfish; Sal Banducci and to make the deal sweeter your own personal body guard; Dennis Booker!" speaking as if he was a game show host Doug informed me of the day a head of me. if i could facepalm without hurting his feelings i really would have!

Tom sat me at his desk at the chapel, got me a can of soda and a big slice of pizza the breakfast of champions I believe he called it? But I wasn't about to complain about having a full tummy and a day off school "Charlie, nice to see you again and fully rested" Captain fuller sat with me after everyone had gone to school "it's gonna be a long day before Doug gets back why don't you catch up on some home work or your assignments if you need any help my door is right there feel free to come ask me" Pointing to his office door he reminded me of a school teacher or rather a guidance councilor "thank you, i think I'm ok but i don't have my bag of books so i cant really do anything" cockily i retorted to him with a smirk "oh don't worry your bag is in Toms bottom draw" throwing the tone and smile right back at me with a matching smirk "well played"

Minutes felt like hours and the hours felt like life times before school had let out and i could enjoy some company. Whilst blow fish was nice and all the same couldn't be said for Dennis i hadn't seen him at all today its like he avoid me, i knew full well that he had been in the chapel today he just never came near me but that's ok i didn't like him anyway i did however like Doug, i feel like has become the older brother i always wanted growing up but its to soon to say "yo charlie did you miss us?" speak of the devil and he shall appear? "how could i not Dougy" giggling as the bumbling fool plopped himself down on Toms desk "Tommy and i have a steak out tonight so you get to spend the night with the ever beautiful Judy, Oh and Harry got you a bag of you clothes" dumping the bag down he soon disappeared again. Do i smell bad? is that why people are avoiding me today?