Chapter 27: Finneas

Mariana POV

I wake up in the morning. I grab my glasses putting them and I go to the bathroom, I brush my teeth and quickly shower myself. With my towel wrapped around me, I walk out of the bathroom to see Natalie and two other girls, which they all look like they have attitudes.

"Can I help you?" I ask and they say "Yeah, stay away from Billie." I laugh loudly.

Natalie says "Seriously, stay away from her, you heard her, on her birthday she's choosing one of us and it isn't going to be you."

I shrug "Ok, don't forget, dress to impress." I say to them and they walk out of my room, I roll my eyes. Why can't Billie just tell people we're dating, like damn. I change into this.

I walk out of the room and into Claudia's since I know it's Finneas birthday today

I walk out of the room and into Claudia's since I know it's Finneas birthday today. I walk in and she sees my presence. I sit on the bed and she hasn't done her hair and looks like she hasn't slept in days. I hug her and she sobs into my shoulder. I rub her back. She pulls away and leans onto her headboard.

"I was supposed to take him out today. We did that every year. Just me and him. Billie was already planning a surprise birthday party months before. But its all useless now. Everything is so stressful, Kehlani hasn't been able to sleep, Zoe is a crying mess. Me. Well, I'm just me. And Billie just acts like nothing wrong. Like she didn't witness her family being blown up. She blocks everything out, she acts as if it never happened."

She goes over under her blanket crying and I rub her back soothing her.

-----------------------------

I walk out of the elevator, downstairs to see Kehlani who has bags under her eyes and she's slumped in her chair. Zoe's eyes are red and puffy. I go to them but they come to me first. Kehlani grabs my shoulders and shakes my shoulder giggling for no reason and Ariana is trying to keep Zoe awake.

Oh God, they're drunk, they got fucking drunk. I drag Kehlani to the sink ignoring the slurred words coming out of her mouth. I give her a glass of water to sober her up a little bit. I sit her down on the couch. She starts speaking clearly and she says

"I remember the day like like was yesterday when Billie came in, with blood splattered over her face. We all thought she was missing, Zoe was losing her mind and when she finally walked in. Her white clothes were smeared with blood. The only word she said was Dead, and that gave us the hint that she was talking about her family. I remember the screams of Claudia, my vision getting blurry, and Zoe not believing at first. Billie didn't come out of her room for weeks. We thought that maybe she was crying all the time, but when we walked in, she would just be staring at a wall."

I sigh deeply "Does Billie ever talk about them?" I ask.

She nods her head "Hardly, she doesn't even mention her family anymore. Billie isn't the little girl we have to protect anymore, she became different, darker, meaner, scarier. Billie is broken but doesn't want to show it, someone needs to show her that it isn't good for her to act like nothing is wrong. She needs to feel it. She's not letting herself feel it."

I get up and she gets up with me "I'm gonna make her feel it." I say and Kehlani says "You can't do that, what do you mean?" I nod eagerly "Trust me, I have to make her feel this." I walk to her office where she always is. I open the door and Billie is on the computer scanning something. She looks up and sees me.

She grins lightly and she doesn't look at all sad, or like she hasn't had any sleep, she looks normal. I walk up to her sitting across from her and she pecks my lips. "Billie, how are you?" I ask, she says "I'm fine? Why are you asking?"

I looked at her stunned "How can you be so fine? Your brother is dead, and it's his birthday!" She pauses what she's doing, "Mariana, watch your mouth and I'm fine."

"No, you're not fine! Admit it!"

"Admit what?!"

"That you're hurting, you know you are."

"I'm not hurting. Why the fuck would I be hurting!"

"BILLIE, WHO FUCKING SEES THEIR FAMILY BEING BLOWN UP, AND SAYS THEY'RE FINE? WHO WALKS IN A HOUSE WITH BLOOD ON THEM AND BE FINE? TELL THE TRUTH."

"ME! IM FINE WITH IT, LEAVE ME ALONE ABOUT IT, I DONT HAVE FEELINGS TOWARDS IT, GET OVER IT."

"No."

"Mariana."

"Billie."

"Mariana, leave."

"No. You're going to admit it."

"What? Admit what?"

"That your hurting, that when you saw your family being blown up it was the ending of your world. That walking back into this house with your family's blood on your face and clothes broke you. You're going to admit that you're broken. Your heart is empty, you want to scream and just take everything back. You want to be a sweet little girl again. You want to be helped but not reaching for it. Let me h-."

Might publish again later on. This is shorter than what I usually write. But things get a lot harder for Billie in the next chapter.