Kise

Kise was tired. He never seemed to feel anything else these days. At least he didn't have to lie when people asked him if he was okay concern etched into their voices, everyone gets tired - nothing to worry about. But what was he tired of? Everything he used to enjoy seemed lacking and this darkness, as he called it, that was creeping into his life scared him. He felt so slow and boring. He was slowing down, his movements less graceful but sadly the rest of his life was not. His modelling job was as pushy as ever, his grades which he'd always been able to scrape through were falling. His life was crumbling around him and he couldn't stop. He felt trapped, like his voice was stolen and all he could do was watch it burn.

Tears began falling down his face, silently. Damn, damn, Kise thought as he wiped them away quickly. Practise was over if he just got out quickly no one would notice. It was fine everyone in the team seemed to have backed away. Was he ever really part of the team? Didn't they all feel more at ease around each other, rather than with him. He was told so often by his agent, by his fans how wonderful he was. But who truly loved him?

"Kise." A voice called. "Stay behind will you, help lock up. I need to talk with you." It was Kasamatsu.

SHIT. SHIT. Of all the days! The tears had stopped but his eyes were red and puffy. Kasamatsu wouldn't notice, no one ever did. Kise was good at hiding behind his smile. He took a deep breathe and turned back, his head towards the ground slightly.

"Kise."

Kise glanced up for a second, a second too long. There eyes met and Kasamatsu's widened. Kise... Are you. Are you crying?"

Kise opened and closed his mouth. He didn't know what to say.

He hated lying but he had to do it so often. For god's sake, he was a model - lying for a living - and his hobby was basketball, a game full of bluffs and double bluffs.

He gulped and decided to stay silent. He could see in Kasamatsu face, the struggle going on. He was panicking unsure of what to do. "I'm fine..." He muttered, feeling lower than ever, and turned to leave.

He felt a firm grip on his wrist. "Ah! Err,where do you think you're going?" Kasamatsu said. "I needed to talk to you."

Kise nodded and turned to face his captain again, but Kasamatsu did not let go.
"You know you can talk to me about anything."

No I can't, Kise thought. The words that came out instead were: "uh-huh." - the noise rather.

"No Kise. Really." Kasamatsu continued firmly. "You may think that I won't understand. But I do, I do. And we're a team, don't feel alone."

"Okay." Kise looked to the side, not knowing what to do next.

"Kise please. We're all worried. I tried leaving you alone but I can't take it anymore. It is not over. There's the winter cup."

"Okay."

"No Kise!" Kasamatsu's grip tightened. "You have to at least listen to what I'm saying to you. I understand this is hard for you and I want to be there for you, we all do, but you have to let us closer."

Kise said nothing. Kasamatsu was not finished. "You know you haven't said more than a one word sentence this entire conversation. I get if you're not used to losing, but not all of us have that privilege. So stop acting like it's the end of the world. Basketball's a team sport."

Kise glared at the floor. He didn't get it. But still Kise did not move, he longed to be close to someone,to talk to someone. After a minute had passed he finally spoke up: "please let go of me."
Kasamatsu had been absentmindedly tracing comforting circles around Kise's wrist with his thumb. He almost jumped back, Kise flinched but Kasamatsu didn't notice, and he turned his head as a flush creeped up his neck. "May I go now?"

Kasamatsu nodded and Kise left. At the door he stopped, "I enjoyed not knowing."

Woah a long chapter. See, random updates. This was started like 5 mins after the first chapter.