Kise

What was wrong with Aomine? Other than the match they hadn't seen each other once. Even at middle school Aomine never invited people out, people asked him to go hang out with them. He didn't care otherwise. To be honest, back then, it made him even cooler.

But Kise could not understand what was wrong with Aomine. He'd never seen him as agitated as he was that day, so insistent. And now Kise found himself waiting in the park, on the bench waiting for Aomine. Late, now that was more like him. Kise was slightly relieved by it that not everything had changed.

"Kise."

"Aominecchi."

"You came."

"I said I would."

Silence. Kise watched as Aomine's eyes scanned him. He gulped and offered they went for lunch.

That day was filled with awkward silences and scattered glances but despite that they had some rare laughs. At times it felt like middle school to Kise but at the same time completely different. More like equals.

However the day was not completely filled with smiles and 'rainbows.'
"I'm sorry Kise."

"Why?"

"For the inter high. For everything."

"Why? It's a competition, there are winners, there are losers."

"I know but I should have come seen you sooner."

"I don't need your sympathy Aominecchi!"

"That's not what I'm saying. I missed you, I told you that. I was just too scared to approach you and I'm sorry about that."

"Stop apologising. It's not like you! I'm fine, you're not helping anything by doing this. Just explain to me why!"

Aomine was silent and that was all Kise needed. He was not going to stand around trying to figure something out. He'd agreed to meet him hadn't he? bit he owed Aomine nothing. Kise had only taken a step forward before Aomine was in front of him, blocking his way. Aomine stepped forward and roughly pushed his lips against Kise's, it was only a short kiss and Aomine broke away inspecting Kise. Kise was stunned he did not move, he barely breathed. His mind was going crazy, what was going on? Aomine stepped forward but rather than kissing him again he rested his forehead against Kise's. "That's why." He whispered and Kise whimpered.

Kise was still. He didn't want to move. He felt surprisingly at ease. But more he wanted to know more, it was irritating him the constant confusion. But to be honest if this wasn't a one time thing it explained Aomine's odd behaviour. "Please say something." Aomine whispered weakly, still leaning on Kise's forehead.

"What do you want me to say?"

"Something. Somethings more preferable than others."

"Like what?"

Aomine moved back and gave Kise a weak, rueful smile. "You love me. You want me. Anything along those rules."

Kise giggled despite himself. "I'm confused, unsure and this all feels a little surreal."

"That wasn't one of the options" Aomine grins,

"But I'm not saying that wasn't nice."

Aomine looked up suddenly, staring into Kise's eyes. Kise felt himself blushing under the intense gaze. Aomine took Kise's hand gently. "Stay with ms Kise." Aomine whispered, lips pressed on Kise's hand

Kise looked around - he was unsure. He hadn't seen Aomine in so long and could he really trust him - was he being serious, did he really want this? But then again Kise could not deny the spark going through him as they made contact. The feeling in his stomach was that of excitement not worry.
Finally, Kise nodded and a massive smile broke out on to his face. Kise couldn't help smiling back - he couldn't help feeling he'd made the right decision.