Kasamatsu

Kise was late. That was a first. And it had never been like this anyway, 25 minutes into practise. He's been rushed by fans before and never arrived more than 5 minutes late. Kasamatsu was trying not to worry but he couldn't stop his eyes darting towards the door. 27 minutes into practise, and Kasamatsu had definitely not been counting, Kise arrived. His clothes were disheveled, his face flushed and he had slight bags beneath his eyes. His hair looked gorgeous but Kasamatsu knew he hadn't styled it properly, however impossible it was to notice. "Oh, hello, nice of you to grace us with your presence." Kasamatsu said sarcastically.

Kise stuttered, "...umm... err.." he gave up and hung his head.

"Have you even got a proper change of clothes?"

Kise paled, "not exactly"

The team shared teasing grins and watched Kise stand awkwardly, eyes on the ceiling.
"Kise." Kise looked up suddenly, "aren't you going to tell us where you were. What was more important than practise."

Kise blushed deeply. Kasamatsu suddenly felt suspicious, felt an uncomfortable stirring in his stomach that he needless to say, did not like. "If you haven't noticed, this is practise and even if you have little regard for it others have not. So stop wasting everyone's fucking time and answer the question." Kasamatsu's voice was steely.

Kise looked taken aback and he seemed to choke on his words. "Well I stayed over at Aomine's and I guess I didn't get much sleep and I woke up late and it took a while to get here because he lives further away.."

Kise received whistles, laughter, congratulations and a few, 'tmi! Tmi!' but Kasamatu said nothing. Kise smiled, embarrassedly. "Will this be happening often?" Kasamatsu asked.

Kise blushed further, if possible, slightly taken aback. "Well.. He IS my boyfriend and ..--"

Kasamatsu's throat went dry, "no!! I meant being late and stuff! What you do in your spare time does not concern me!"

Kise giggled then became slightly serious, "no. Of course not captain."

Kasamatsu merely nodded before turning away to continue his drills, and glaring at the team to do the same. Kise didn't join in, it was too late. Instead he hung around watching, out of the corner of his eye Kasamatsu couldn't help the involuntary, almost constant smile Kise had as he stared at his lap, failing at trying to be conspicuous.

"Shall we hang around here or do you wanna get lunch?" Kise asked brightly

Kasamatsu tugged at his collar nervously. "Yeah... I mean, no. Sorry but I'm busy today."

"Oh. Really? I mean of course, of course you have a life outside of us. The team."

"Yeah.. Anyway, I'd better be off." And with that Kasamatsu left not looking back. Longing to leave the awkward atmosphere but desperately wanting that situation to not be awkward, to never be awkward.