Kise

Įt had been two weeks since Aomine and he had started ... Going out. Kise still had to take a pause before saying it. Why was that? Kise concluded it was a mix of the surreal feeling that came with the whole notion and nervous excitement.

Everything was going well. They hadn't argued at all, they'd has their usual bickering but that was normal, it relaxed Kise and reminded him of the Teiko days.

He did feel bad that Aomine had come after practise. At least it was only Kasamatsu, but wouldn't it anger him most? He'd be lying if he said the rest of that day wasn't perfect but did Aomine really have to act so naturally in front of the team he'd beaten slightly more than a month ago. A team that if Kise weren't on it, Aomine wouldn't even remember. He was not insulting his team with that statement, Kaijo were great, he knew that, if anything he was acknowledging the unattractive aspects of his arrogant personality.

"Kasamatsu-Senpai,"

Kasamatsu looked up. "What is it Kise?"

"Well," Kise rubbed the back of his neck. "I feel bad that we couldn't hang out on Sunday-"

"You shouldn't feel bad, it's not something you have to do." Kasamatsu cut across him.

Kise giggled, "I know that! But I want to make it up to you! So let's go do something after practise. And by something I don't mean mope around here until we're kicked out."

Kasamatsu was grinning. "Wait, won't Aomine mind?"

Kise was puzzled. "No. Why would he?"

Kasamatsu bit his lip but stayed silence. "Okay well don't start acting like practise's over. Get on with your drills!"

Kise laughed and ran up the side of the court.

"C'Mon captain!!" Kise whined, pulling Kasamatsu's arm, as the other boy purposely slowly locked the gym, "stop teasing!"

Kasamatsu laughed, "alright, alright. Where to?"

Kise furrowed his brow, "hmm. Well there's a lot but because it's after school we'll have to narrow it down... Let's go to the park, get lunch and then we'll decide from there."

Kasamatsu nodded and let himself be led by the eager Kise. "Why are you walking behind me?" Kise pouted, slight uncertainty in his voice.

Silently Kasamatsu walked ahead, then staying beside Kise. "Why aren't you saying anything--?"

"Stop asking such moany questions!" Kasamatsu but in. Kise smiled brightly and they continued talking.

"Mmmm, ice cream's so good. Good choice Senpai."

Kasamatsu laughed, "I didn't choose. You did."

"But are you not enjoying your ice cream?" Kise asked.

"No, no. I'm enjoying it very much."

"A bit too much it seems." Kise laughed at Kasamatsu's confused expression as he sat oblivious to the cream all over his nose.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Kise only laughed harder and as a result he received a small kick. "Oww! You have ice cream on your face. No not there," Kise tried to hide his giggles, "here I'll do it." Kise leaned forward and tentatively wiped his nose with a napkin. "There." He smiled then licked the tissue, "man, what a waste."

Kasamatsu said nothing as a slight flush creeped up his neck.

"You alright?" Kise frowned.

"Yeah, stupid."

Kise sighed and beamed at his company, "thank you."

"What? I haven't done anything, stupid. This was your idea."

Kise laughed again, "no for everything. For helping me out, after the match you know. I really appreciate." Kise said and smiled, his voice and his eyes soft.

"Well I had to didn't I? And I didn't really do much. Down to Aomine isn't it."

"What do you mean?"

"Aomine helped you out. Out of that ... hole you were stuck in."

"Well I'm really happy but it's thanks to you that I'm 'my old happy self,' all the stuff we did after practise and .. you know, that kinda thing."

Kasamatsu was quiet. Kise laughed a little, "you should really credit yourself more you know. You're a really good basketball captain,"

Kasamatsu hid his face. Kise didn't press him and just carried on smiling and him. Finally Kasamatsu piped up, "well I'm happy to. Anytime. I told you didn't I? You can talk to me about anything." He spoke gruffly but Kise knew he cared

"Of course! It means a lot to me." Kise stood up abruptly and grabbed Kasamatsu's forearm, "come on let's go!"

Kasamatsu complied and the two boys explored the park. Kise didn't let go of Kasamatsu.

Okay. Next chapter will probs have some Aokise ... intimacy 😏😉 ;))