Charles Leclerc - Forgotten

I'd been sitting on the side of the road for over an hour. I'd been to a job interview and Charles said was meant to pick me up afterwards. I'd just moved into Charles apartment in Monaco and the city was very new to me. I didn't really know my way around yet and my French was pretty terrible. I knew that some people spoke English here but I was yet to find someone who could understand and help me.

I had tried calling Charles multiple times, my phone then died so I couldn't even call an Uber. I hadn't brought any money with me, I wasn't expecting on needing any. People were staring at me as they walked past, I was mortified. I was in a very smart blouse, knee length pencil skirt and a pair of black heels. It looked like I'd just been fired and was contemplating life on the side of the road. I wanted to go wait somewhere else, on a bench in a park or something but Charles wouldn't be able to find me when he turned up.

I watched the cars drive past and wondering where Charles was, what had happened. It was unusual of him to not hear anything from him, especially if he was meant got be coming to get me. Had he got caught up somewhere? Had something happened to him? I began picking away the skin next to my nails, it was a bad habit but he kept me calm.

After another half an hour I decided I couldn't wait any longer. I stood up and brushed myself off, I vaguely remembered the way back to the apartment. I knew it would be a long walk but it was that or sit on the street all night. The sun began to set and a breeze started to pick up, making me regret it bring a jacket with me. I walked down the streets, looking for stores or buildings that I recognised so that I knew I was going the right way. My feet began to ache and blister as I walked, I could already see the bloody mess they'd be in when I got home.

After an hour of walking I finally made it back to the apartment block. I took the lift up to our floor, I could hear music from outside the door. I frowned and unlocked the door to see the Charles and some of the other drivers sitting in the living room drinking beers and chatting. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I kicked off my heels, the backs of my feet coated in a layer of blood from the blisters, and slammed the front door loud enough to get the whole rooms attention. All eyes darted to me and a flurry of hellos echoed through the room.

"Mon angè! Where have you been? We were talking about you," Charles said walking over to me arms wide open. I shook my head and barged past him, going straight into our room, slamming the door behind me. I took out some comfy clothes from the chest of draws and laid them out on my bed.

The door opened and Charles walked in, a puzzled looked on his face.

"(Y/N)? Chére? What's the matter?" I turned to face him, glaring at him as if I was shooting daggers from my eyes.

"You're fucking with me right? You are not actually being serious right now are you?" Charles' face was as blank as a piece of paper. "I was sat outside the fucking office for almost two hours! I cannot believe that you fucking left me so that you could get drunk with your mates! I had to walk home, I've cut my feet open, it was fucking freezing!"

"I-I'm so sorry babe, the boys came over a-and it just slipped my mind..."

"Did the boys take your phone too so you couldn't answer my calls? You're a fucking adult Charles, this is your fault... not any of those boys. Just go have fun, enjoy your night." I turned my back to him and began getting changed.

"Baby I'm really sorry... I can get the boys to leave and we can-"

"I want to be alone right now," I said quietly, tears threatening to spill down my cheeks. I turned around to see Charles slowly leaving the room. "I got the job. Not that you care." I watched the door close and I sat on the bed and let the tears finally escape. I'd left my entire life to move in with him, left all of my family and friends for him. I didn't even have anyone to go see and talk to about it. I'd never felt more alone.

I sat there wondering why I'd bothered. Did he really want me there? Was I just for when no one else was about? The second best. I sobbed louder as those thoughts swirled through my head. Part of me wanted to pack up a bag and go home for a while, be around people that wanted me there. But I knew that wouldn't fix anything. I'd just be running away from my problems.

I laid in bed, Netflix quietly playing in the background, reading through documents my new employer had emailed over to me. I had to re-read every sentence two or three times, the words jumbling together into gibberish.

"(Y/N)?" I looked up to see Charles standing sheepishly in the doorframe, holding a bouquet of roses and a couple bottles of champagne.

"That's not going to fix this," I muttered looking back at my laptop.

"They're separate... to say congratulations." I looked up to see him place them on the bedside table before sitting on the side of the bed. "Can we talk for a moment please?" I closed my laptop and looked at him, raising my eyebrows for him to continue.
"I know it doesn't change anything but I am really sorry. I was stupid. Really stupid. I wasn't thinking and I promise it will never happen again. It wasn't fair on you at all and I will do anything I can to make it up to you." He reached out his hand for mine, linking our fingers together. "I am so proud of you mon angè, I knew you would get it."

"I forgive you... I'm still annoyed but I forgive you." A small smile appeared on his face as he gave my hand a small squeeze.

"Come with me..." he said, pulling me out of bed, grabbing the champagne in his other hand.

"Charles?" He lead me outside onto the balcony and passed one of the champagne bottle. "What am I-"

"Well we always get a bottle if we are on the podium... this is your podium." I smiled, pressing a kiss to his cheek and whispering a thank you to him.

We shook up the bottles and started spraying each other with them, our laughs echoing for anyone outside to hear. We clinked our bottles together before taking a sip. We placed the bottles and Charles took my hand, pulling me into his body. Our tops were sticky from the booze but I couldn't care less. I rested my head on his chest, my body swaying slowly, dancing to the sound of his heart beat. My annoyance for Charles dissipated, I could never truly stay mad at him for long.

Charles lifted me up, placing me onto his feet and started dancing us around the balcony. I looked up at him and he flashed the biggest grin I've seen.

"You are the most beautiful woman that has ever walked this earth. How did I get so lucky?" I chuckled, feeling my cheeks start to warm up. "I'm serious my darling, you are intelligent, funny, beautiful and so kind hearted. You are the perfect woman." He pressed a kiss on my forehead and began humming the song again.

We danced for a while longer before we went inside, we took a shower to wash all the champagne out of our hair and then cuddled up in bed together. I fell asleep in his arms, knowing there was no one else I'd rather be with.