10

Taehyung pursed his lips staring at the girl on her laptop

Taehyung pursed his lips staring at the girl on her laptop. Their current situation confused him and she had made no move to clear anything up. He thought he'd made it plenty clear what he was looking for from her, but she showed no indication of being willing to put in the same effort. 

After they came back from the game yesterday he was on a high and assumed everything was about to change, for the better of course. Everything with Jungkook was out in the open and he had been the perfect fallback guy so far. Not too pushy but there for her nonetheless. Instead of the long-awaited confession, he was waiting to hear from her, he instead got an awkward hug and rushed "goodnight" after walking her back to her dorm. So here he was, in her room sitting silently angry at how things didn't turn out how he thought they would. Confused

"Are you going to stare at me like you want to murder me all night orrrr?" Y/N asked turning fully towards him and removing her fingers from her keyboard. "I mean, it's kinda hot but it's still creepy"

"What else is there to look at? And this is just my face" he tilted his head innocently. Y/N closed her laptop and moved to sit crisscrossed on her bed. 

"I know we need to talk. You don't have to say it. I just wasn't ready last night, kinda still overwhelmed by everything" She said habitually twirling one of her curls between her fingers. 

"Can I be honest with you?" she asked hesitantly. He nodded, eager for any progression she had to offer. 

"You're really stupid" 

Those were not words he expected to hear. He couldn't tell if she was joking or actually serious so he waited for her to continue, doing nothing to hide the shocked expression he wore. 

"I should be mad at you but I can't. I get your intentions, but you could've gone about it a different way."

"Excuse me?" he asked, even more, confused than earlier. 

"I know that your sneaky ass was plotting on my relationship. I wasn't acting funny last night for no reason. After everything happened with Jungkook I had a weird thought about how it was really weird that you just had the jersey ready the day we broke up. Like, there's you didn't act do anything but I don't like that type of stuff. Just say what you have to say instead of being sneaky" she ranted.

"...You're actually mad at me because I'm not sad that he messed up?"

"You shouldn't be excited that your friend gets treated like trash because it opens up an opportunity for you" she looks at him in disbelief causing him to look away. 

"Whatever. I don't even have to be here. Good luck with whatever" Taehyung mutters picking up his backpack and heading towards her door. Y/N climbs off her bed and jogs to stand in front of him before he could leave. 

"Look. If we're gonna be a...thing  you can't do shit like that. It may seem small to you, but if I can't even trust you as my friend, how can I trust you as my boyfriend"

"Boyfriend" he raises his eyebrow. Y/N rolls her eyes.

"Yes, boyfriend. Now sit your ass back down" she says slowly moving him back to the chair "and pick something to play". Y/N throws a controller at him before sitting back on her bed. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Yall, I know the writing sucks, but I'm going to try to redo it when I finish this lol. It seems fine in my head when I play it out but when I actually put it in writing its ew smh. I am so sorry sdfdsfds