Answers

2 months later.

"AGAIN!!" His shout rang out through the arena. I had been battling demon after demon after demon. Each one harder than the last.

As I slit this one's throat, I heard Zalgo groan. "FOR F^€K'S SAKE!! CAN YOU NOT EVEN CREATE A SINGLE DAGGER!?!" I didn't understand what he was talking about, but kept my eyes on the ground.

"Wait..." he said seeming to realize something. "You don't know what you actually are, do you!?" He burst out laughing after he said that.
"TAKE HER TO MERIKNI'S ROOM!" Two minions appeared and grabbed my arms as if I'd fight back.

I was thrown into a dark room and onto a seemingly very old carpet. As I got onto my hands and knees, I saw her.

She had pale red skin, blood red horns, long white hair and was thinner than slenderman himself. Her hands were in iron mittens and chained to a wall. I couldn't see her face since her head was tilted downward.

 I couldn't see her face since her head was tilted downward

I didn't need to be a genius to realize who she was.

"Breathtaking, isn't she?" I heard Zalgo say as he entered. I kept up my neutral expression on even though I wanted to ask her so many questions, even though I wanted to demand answers, even though I wanted to cry.
"She was my greatest warrior. The best fighter in the underworld, yet also the most beautiful female." He said as he walked over to her.

He grasped her chin and lifted it up so she was looking at him. "Hello Merikni, my dear. Have we learned our lesson yet?" He said in a mocking concerned voice. I wanted to slap him so badly at that moment, yet I somehow stayed expressionless.

After a second he started to chuckle as he stared into her grey eyes. "To think that this is what became of my betrothed." I internationally screamed at those words. How could my mother gave been engaged to this-this... THING!?

He suddenly shoved her head away and her hair fell infront of her eyes before she could see me. "It was never necessary for her to love me. She just needed to wear a crown and fulfil my needs once in a while." He stepped away from her and turned to me.

"Then she went along and met that smiling killer on one of her assignments. Suddenly non of the underworld mattered anymore, non of its inhabitants, non of its customs and certainly not ME!" He stepped even closer to me at the end.

"But now..." he trailed off gripping at my chin now. "Now that I have YOU here, I have successfully stripped her of almost everything she cared about. All that's left is that smiling buffoon."

He let go of my chin and stood behind behind me holding onto my shoulders. "Now Merikni, look up." He said addressing her. She didn't move, didn't even blink. I heard him growl by my ear in annoyance. "I said, LOOK UP!!" His voices pierced my eardrums like knives.

She looked up and when she noticed me, life seemed to suddenly surge into her once dull eyes. Her face contorted in horror. She had instantly realised that I was her daughter. Her eyes held pain, grief, regret and sorrow.

I felt Zalgo smirk practically against my ear. "Now, what better way to rub salt in the wound, than to take what is rightfully mine?"

I was confused by what he said until I heard his next words. "Once we get you transformed Rebecca," I almost shuddered as he started to massage my shoulders "I'll be taking you as my bride in place of your mother~."