Prologue

NO POV

It was night time in Vale, the streets were full of people. On the side of the road there stood a teenage girl. She had pink and brown hair as well as pink and brown eyes. She was wearing a white tail jacket with pink inside, brown pants, and high heels. In her hand she held an umbrella. This girl was Neo Branwen.

She held out her hand and called a taxi. Soon a taxi pulled by and she got in. The driver was a short pudgy man with brown slicked back hair and he was wearing a green suit. They drove in silence for most of the way. Soon they went under an overpass.

Neo: Stop right here.

The driver pulled over to the side.

Driver: You want to get out here?

Neo then got to the front of the car.

Neo: You know, you should do a better job of cleaning the yourself. If you dont people will smell the blood.

The driver's eyes widened.

Driver: What are you-

Neo: I know you're a ghoul.

The driver floored the car. Neo jumped out as it just ran into the wall. Neo jumped again to dodge a scorpion like tail that appeared from the car. The driver got out of the car just as the car exploded.

 The driver got out of the car just as the car exploded

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The driver's eyes were red and black, a kakugan. This man was a ghoul.

Neo: Nice bikaku.

The driver gritted his teeth as he approached Neo.

Driver: You brat, think you're so clever just because you figured out I'm a ghoul? TAKE THIS, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

His tail lunged at Neo, she jumped of the way as it smashed into the ground. The tail pulled out of the ground and lunged at Neo again. Neo then detached the handle of her umbrella and red lightning shot out of it. It then turned into a blade, a quinque. Neo used her sword to block the tail.

Driver: A quinque, you're an investigator?

Neo: No, I just hunt ghouls for fun.

Neo charged at the driver who attacked with his tail. Neo used her sword to block the multiple tail strikes. 

Neo(thought): This guy is A, no B rated. So he's not the Torso ghoul. Just some random ghoul.

When Neo got close to the driver she kicked him in the chest, sending him back. She charged at him, however she didn't see the tail that reared around. It stabbed her in the gut and then pinned her to the wall.

Driver: Kids these day are crazy, thinking you can fight ghouls.

The driver's eyes widened when he heard Neo laughing. He turned to her and saw that she was alive.

Driver: How are you alive.

Neo: Simple.

When she said that her left eye turned red and black, a kakugan. Neo then ripped off the part of the tail that was pinning her to the wall. She leaped off the wall and manifested her koukaku. The driver was taken back.

Driver: WAIT YOU'RE A GHOUL?

Neo: No, I'm only half ghoul.

She stabbed the driver in the gut. He fell to the ground as blood poured out of him. 

Driver: What the hell is going on-

He then passed out from blood loss. Neo had a look of victory on her face. Just then multiple cop cars pulled up. Neo's expression turned to one of annoyance.

Neo: Oh shit.

(timeskip)

Neo sat in a police interrogation room, waiting for someone to come in. The door opened up and two people walked in. One was wearing a green trench coat and a white button up shirt underneath along with brown pants. They had brown hair and tanned skin. In their hand was a cane. This person was Oscar Pine, soon to be headmaster of Beacon. The other person was Glynda Goodwitch. 

Oscar: Hello again Neo.

Neo: Hey Oscar." she responded in an emotionless tone"

Oscar: You gotta stop doing this Neo, eventually they will put you in jail.

Neo: Oh, so I'm out there fighting ghouls and they will lock me up.

Glynda: You need a license to hunt ghouls, which you dont posse.

Neo: Remember Demon Yamada? An S-Rated ghoul famous for killing investigators. The one you couldn't stop for months but I managed to kill him in a few days.

Oscar: Neo, I thank you for what you're doing but there are laws. Cant you just hold out until the school year starts?

Neo: Fine.

Oscar: Good, you can go home now.

Neo: You better haven't called my dad.

Glynda: AT this rate he would already know.

(timeskip) 

By now it was midnight. Neo appeared in front of her families café. Slowly and quietly, she entered the door. It was quiet and dark, making Neo let out a sigh in relief. All of a sudden someone karate chopped her head. Neo held her head in pain. The lights turned on to reveal her mother and father.

Yin: Welcome back Neo.

Neo: How did you know?

Sapphire: We got use to it.

Neo went to go upstairs but Yin grabbed her arm.

Yin: Neo, you gotta stop going out into the night and fighting ghouls.

Neo: Like you didn't break the law when you were my age?

Yin: 1. I was 19 2. We dont talk about that time of my life.

Sapphire: Point is Neo, keep this up and you'll get in serious trouble.

Neo didn't respond and Yin let out a sigh.

Sapphire: Look Neo, even though we scold you about this, we're actually proud.

Neo's eyes widened.

Yin: You're 17 and already able to take out S-Rated ghouls. It's impressive how strong you are for someone you're age.

Neo grew a smile on her face.

Neo: Thanks.

Yin: By the way you're grounded for a week.

Neo's smile turned to a frown.

Neo: Oh come on!

Yin: Still gotta be parents.

There we go the Prologue is now complete. I hoped you all enjoyed it. See ya next time!

Next Chapter: Going to Beacon

Daughter of the Owl(Book 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें