Chapter 2 Initiation

a/n: One thing I would like to mention is that normal weapons made of metal can still hurt ghouls. It's just that quinques are more effective on them.

Yin POV

It was early in the morning, me and everyone else were getting ready to open the shop. Sapphire noticed I was distracted.

Sapphire: Thinking about Neo?

Me: Yeah, I hope she gets in.

Sapphire: You're forgetting she's you're daughter, you trained her. Everything she knows you know.

Me: Yeah but she's a teenager.

The doors to the shop opened and a familiar women walked in. She had brown hair tied to the side and was wearing a pale, pastel dress tied at the waist. This women was Ryouko Fueguchi.

Me: Hello Ryouko, what can we do for you?

Ryouko: I just need to pick up my package.

I look over at Roman and nod at him. He goes to the storage room and takes out a manila envelope. Once he comes back out he hands it to Ryouko and she leaves. 

NO POV

It was early in the morning, the sun just started to rise over the trees. On the edge of a cliff stood the people taking the Beacon initiation test. Each person was standing on a different platform. Neo what would happen thanks to her dad. Neo was on a platform next to Will who was stretching while Neo yawned and scratched her cat ears.

Will: The great Neo Branwen defeated by lack of sleep*scoffs*

Neo: Not my fault these things are at THE BREAK OF DAWN!

Will: Dont you stay up all night hunting ghouls?

Neo: Yah but when I do I usually sleep until the afternoon. 

Oscar and Glynda appeared and everyone straightened up.

Oscar: Welcome to the Beacon initiation test. The rules here are simple. You all will be launched into the Emerald Forest where you then will team up with the first person you see. You and that other person will travel through the forest to find the relics. Once you find the relics you may come back here and pass. Does everyone understand that?

Everyone nodded their heads.

Oscar: In that case...3 2 1 GO!

Before anyone could process what he said, they all were launched into the air. Various screams could be heard as Oscar and Glynda watched.

Glynda: Are you sure that was the best way to start things?

Oscar: This is one of those good on paper, bad execution ideas.

Neo POV

As I soared through the air I closed my eyes and took in the feeling. The feeling of my body being weightless, the feeling of the wind flowing through my hair; it was calming. When I opened my eyes I was rapidly descending to the ground. 

Me: OH SHIT!

I quickly opened up my parasail. However that wasn't enough to slow my descent quickly. So when I got close enough, I manifested my massive rinkaku and slammed in into the ground. Luckily it worked. When I deactivated my rinkaku, I feel to the ground. I got back up and dusted my self off.

Me: Ok...bit of a rough start. Just wait until I find some grimm. 

I then ran off to find a partner. As I ran through the woods I tried to pick up a human scent but couldn't find anything. I couldn't even find grimm. After a while I decided to lay next to a tree and catch my breath. 

???: Salutations.

I looked up and saw Penny standing there with a smile on her face. The only thing I did was get on my knees.

Me: THANK YOU GOD FOR GIVING ME A PARTNER!

Penny: You seem happy.

Me: I couldn't find anyone out here.

Penny: Well now you got me.

Me: Yeah, come on let's go find the relic.

I grabbed her hand and run off back into the forest.

Will POV

Once I landed I began looking for a partner. I prayed to the gods that it wouldn't Neo. As I walked through the woods I heard growling and turned to see 3 ursa staring at me. I simply smirked and got out my blade.

Me: Bring it!

As the ursa charged I used a glyph to start charging me up while using dust to strengthen my blade. Once the first ursa got close enough I realized all my power. In the blink of an eye I cut the ursa in half.

Me: Alright who's next?

As the other ursa swung it's claw I used ice dust to freeze it and then cut off his arm. As the ursa was dazed I jumped into the air and kicked it in the head, knocking it down. The other ursa goes to bite me but I engulf my blade in fire and swing at the grimm. It cuts across it's face, across the eyes. The ursa roars in pain as it starts swinging it's claws. I jumped onto it's back and stab it in the back of the head. The one armed ursa comes back so I use my speed to quickly slash him across the torso. Soon he drops dead.

Me: Well that was easy.

I heard more growl and turned to see 3 more ursa.

Me: Alright, hope you know you'll end up like your friend. 

I get ready to fight these grimm but before I can the ursa are all suddenly sliced in half. As they fall to the ground I see someone standing behind them. This person was wearing a light pink button up shirt with suspenders, black pants, and slippers. They also had a briefcase with them.

The weird kid also had pale skin and white hair. When he looked at me I saw his red eyes and his crazed smile. H skipped over to me, as he did I noticed the stitches on his arm. When he got in front of me he held out his hand.

???: Hi there my name is Juuzou Suzuya.

Me: I dont care what it is, just go somewhere else.

Juuzou: But we're partners, aren't we?

Me: I dont care, I'm not being partners with someone like you. Just act like we never met.

Juuzou: But you cant, they know we first saw each other. They have cameras all around this place.

Dammit, he's right. They most likely hid cameras all around this place to monitor the students. I then let out a sigh in defeat.

Me: Fine... we're partners.

Juuzou: YEAH!

He then wrapped his arms around me put I pushed him off. 

Me: Let's just find the relic and be over with this.

I continued walking as Juuzou skipped next to me. Every once in a while I glanced down at his briefcase. Wondering if it was a quinque.

There we go Chapter 2 is now complete. I hoped you all enjoyed it. See ya next time!

Next Chapter: The Relic