𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 ☾ 𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝑲𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒕

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝑲𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒕

THE PAST FOUR NIGHTS CONSISTED OF Elizabeth hunched over her laptop researching the supernatural. Alongside her nightmares, the researching drained all of her energy and left her bed ridden.

She refused entry to Caroline and lied to her mom about enduring the strongest period cramps. She wasn't too sure about skipping school, but she didn't want to see Stefan Salvatore when she had these roaming thoughts. Not until she was sure.

And sure she was. It was nearing one in the afternoon and she was ready to confront the new family in town.

After paying the taxi driver, she exited the yellow car and slowly approached the biggest house she's ever seen apart from the Lockwood Mansion. She spent the entire ride, contemplating if this was a smart or dangerous idea.

But by the time she was face to face with the wooden and textured door, she realized there was no going back. Inhaling softly, she let her soft knuckles sternly knock on the door. Three knocks, no more, no less. It raised the anticipation and fear that was already fast growing in her gut.

"What if Damon answered? What if no one answered?" She wondered frantically. Her fingers cross back and forth in between one another and she bounced on the balls of her feet.

Her mind was scattered, the few seconds she had been standing there felt like hell. She wanted one of the boys to answer the door so she could pound them with questions that demanded answers.

No, she wouldn't settle for vagueness and small hints. She wanted an explanation, one that justified punching Damon in the face and strengthened the slow growing trust she had for Stefan.

Without missing a beat, the door was opened. She was face to face with an unfamiliar man but behind him was Stefan. He seemed confused and a bit shocked that she was here.

"Elizabeth." He greeted.

The unknown man turned to Stefan with question, one that she answered on her own. "So sorry to interrupt, I'm Elizabeth, Stefan's friend from school."

She held her hand out for the man to shake and when he did so, she could feel how clammy they were. "I'm Zach, Stefan's uncle."

Now she remembered him, Caroline mentioned an uncle when she stalked Stefan's background. Stefan moved closer to the door, placing a reassuring hand on his uncle's shoulder, "What are you doing here?"

Elizabeth's grip tightened around the strap of her bag, the real reason why she was here resurfacing. She shared a look with Zach before turning back to her friend, "I was wondering if we could talk. Privately."