𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑶𝒏𝒆 ☾ 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝑺𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝑺𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔

TWO WEEKS HAVE GONE BY and the silence was beginning to scream in her ear like the tea kettle on top of the stove. The high pitched screech and a heavy sigh stretched around the empty kitchen, the boiling water proving to be more entertaining than tracing the patterns on the couch pillows.

Jumping from the tall chair at the island, black socks bounced onto the quartz tiled floors and slid across to the stove. The tame blue fire switched off and she readied the red mug she swiped from the top cabinets.

A normal cup of juice would have sufficed if the refrigerator wasn't completely vast. The gallon of water had lasted only half a week, the milk was just two days due to expire, and the snacks have been less than unsatisfying.

Holding onto the rubber handle, the hot water poured out of the spout and into the mug. The raspberry tea bag was the last of the box and it filtered the water into a sweet drink.

The warmth wrapped around her instantly as she slid back to the counter. Her favorite spot used to be the living room, recliner chair and the flat screen television but the routine was growing stale.

Unfortunately, the next best thing was watching cars zoom by the house through the kitchen window.

The house was big, bigger than any she's ever seen. Everything was expensive yet empty, bright, and wide. She spent nearly everyday visiting every part of the home that was available, and crying.

Once every two days there'd be a knock at the door. When she answered, no one was around apart from limited groceries and a bag of clean clothes, things she barely wanted.

Her attempts at escaping always failed. The front and back doors were blocked, a barrier that glowed brightly stopped her from running into the street. Even the windows wouldn't open.

She stopped screaming for help once she realized no one could see or hear her. So, she stayed in the large home with millions of questions that demanded to be answered.

Lori was in a majority of those questions. Her mother was her very own kidnapper and yet she was nowhere to be found.

Elizabeth mixed her tea anxiously. Her eyes stayed glued to the window, hoping and praying that someone would enter and help her.

No one came looking for her. At least that's how it felt. She was lodged in a home with no source of outside communication to anyone.