𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒆𝒏 ☾ 𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒆𝒏 𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏

OCTOBER THIRTY-FIRST WAS THE BEST day of the year. It was the one time Elizabeth loved going to school. She adored the decorations and the costumes, the candy and the scares. It was exciting.

Second period classes ended and she was lazily unpacking her bag at her locker. The usual chaos that she hated ensued in the smelly hallways, rolls of toilet paper flew and shrieks from frightened girls echoed against the metal lockers.

She loved halloween, but not the extra misbehavior that came along with it.

It's been about two days since she's seen Damon or Stefan, Vicki too. Despite her itching curiosity, she refrained herself from visiting the vampires in hopes to gather more information. At least that's what she claimed.

She longed to be back in the company of Damon, to learn more about him and argue with him as she always did. She couldn't explain it, but he made her feel alive. It was especially different without Caroline in the picture.

Elizabeth had more room to be free, no ex boyfriend or controlling sister to breathe down her neck every chance they got.

   "Ellie."

She was wrong about one of those things.

Elizabeth nearly dropped her textbook in surprise. She let out a silent huff and turned to find Tyler leaning beside her locker, a smitten look on his face.

   "Hello." She smiled.

Tyler's eyes flew down to the cast on her hand. She had it on for nearly two weeks now, the doctor said it'd be fully healed in three more but she was growing inpatient. "Feeling okay?" He asked, gesturing to her broken hand.

Elizabeth nodded sheepishly and stuffed her math book inside the locker before shutting it, "I'm a little bummed out that I have to wear this on Halloween but..."

Tyler nodded, "Yeah I get it."

They stood in silence for a moment, Tyler relishing in her beauty while she watched more boys from lower classes chase one another down the hall.

   "You know what you're gonna be this year?" He asked.

Elizabeth sighed and leaned back against the lockers, "Oh not really. Caroline tried to make me coordinate with her and Bonnie but, I have no interest in being a boring witch."

Tyler seemed to light up at her response. She raised an eyebrow at him and he straightened up, "I am so glad you said that. I've been texting and calling you all weekend but you haven't been responding."

Elizabeth's shoulders fell. Her phone was in the Salvatore house, in pieces. "Yeah, sorry about that, it broke."

Tyler waved her off, "It's alright cause now that I have your answer, would you do me the honor of being my date to the party?"