Past

"Hello?" I turned seeing it was the human girl.

"Need something?" I asked.

"I wanted to apologize.." she said.

"For what?" I asked.

"Earlier, when you and Inuyasha were talking.. I overheard." she said.

"It's fine." I said leaning against my chair.

"D-do you mind.. telling me what happened? I might be able to help.." she said.

"You don't have to worry your little head about it." I said.

"But.." she started and I held up my hand, stopping her.

"I'll give you a brief explanation." I said to her, knowing she's going to be persistent. She nodded and kneeled down in front of me, waiting for my explanation.

I sighed. "Inuyasha and I were friends when we were kids. I'm about 50 years older than him. I didn't care he was half demon. I liked his human half better, his dog side just stinks." I said. "All in all, we had fun as kids. Me, being young and dumb told him about my star ball, and where I kept it hidden. In this entire world, the only people who knew where I hid that ball was me, and him..." I said playing with the necklace around my neck. "We got older, and he fell in love for that Priestess." I muttered. "Since he stopped visiting me, I would go to the human village to try talk with him. The humans didn't take to kindly to a fox demon walking freely around their village. So, one night, when I went to visit them, the villagers attacked me. Inuyasha and the Priestess weren't around at the time of the attack." I said. "I got annoyed and fought back. In the process, I killed a good handful of people. Because of that, the priestess was.. angry. Which I guess is understandable." I said and looked at the human girl. "Guess what happened when Inuyasha found out I was the one who killed those people." I said to her.

"He.. sided with Kikyo.." she said and I nodded.

"I.. don't blame him for what he did. He loved that human." I mumbled.

".. What did he do?" she asked.

".. He took my Star Ball and gave it to her." I said.

"I tried to take it back, but..." I looked at the ground, "The Star Ball of a Kitsune is basically our life force. Anyone who gains possession of a Kitsune's star ball can control them against their will." I said.

"What did they order you to do?" She asked.

"I was to leave the village, and never return. With that command, I left the village. She most likely hid my Star Ball in that village, but I can't go near it." I said. "There were a few more added orders. Want to hear them?" I asked her.

"If you're okay with telling me." she said.

"... You're a lot nicer than her..." I thought. "The other orders were not from Kikyo, but from Inuyasha." I said. "To stay away from human villages, to stay away from Kikyo, and to stay away from him." I said.

"But, he's here now, and nothing seems to be happening." She said.

"Because he's approaching me. I didn't approach him." I said.

"What happens when you break the orders?" she asked.

"...You get a burning feeling.. from within you, like you're being cooked alive. The closer you get, the weaker you become.." I muttered.

"Is that why you live here?" She asked.

"You're smart." I smiled.

"Kitsune, from what I know, love their freedom... but you have been staying in this demon town, and in this castle." she said.

"I'm free to go outside, but I have to avoid human villages, which are basically everywhere these days, so I only live here." I smiled. "My parents have already gone, my brother is always traveling around finding new toys to play with." I said.

"So you're usually here alone.." she said.

"It's been nearly 50 years." I said. "Not that bad." I said.

"Is there no way to break these.. orders holding you here?" she asked.

"If I get my Star Ball back." I said and fixed my hair. "Though I don't even know where it is. I know the general direction though." I said looking North. 

"I'll get it for you!" she said.

"Don't need to trouble yourself." I said.

"But I want to help." she answered.

I smiled and rushed to her holding a claw to her neck. ".. You aren't scared? That once you give it back to me... I'll get my revenge?" I asked her.

"... Even after what Inuyasha did to you.. you allowed him into the town. You healed him when he was hurt, even though it hurt you. Even though we sneaked back in, trying to get the Jewel shard from you, you didn't kill us for trespassing. You have the power to throw us out, but you don't. You gave us food, shelter... I don't think you're a bad person." she said.

"... Naive little girl.." I mumbled and stepped away from her. "Do what you want." I said and left the room.