Savior

I held up my finger as my fire butterfly blew up in a way, turning into words made of fire. "The Band of Seven..." I muttered, not knowing much about them, all I knew was that they were 7 mercenaries who loved killing, and they were beheaded. I waved my hand and the message burned away into nothing. I sighed, and hopped off the tree I was sitting on. I looked down at the small temple below me. The air smelled rotten, dead, vile.

I watched as Inuyasha was led by some monk to the temple. I frowned and the day grew late, the skies turned dark. Inuyasha then ran out of the temple. I could sense the sacred jewel shards, so I suspected Kagome ad the others are most likely in that temple. I used my magic and made myself into a regular looking fox, and ran down the mountain. As I ran down the mountain, I saw a bright light, and saw smoke fill the air. I saw the monk leave the temple.

I hurried towards the temple seeing the entire place was set aflame. I turned back to my demon form and walked into the temple, seeing the flames grow closer. I sighed and waved my hands, the fire going out.

"Kagome? Shippo? Sango?" I called out their names, but no response. I looked around and I made numerous fire orbs, and threw them at everyone. They were encased in the orbs of fire and lifted off the ground. I made sure nothing important was left behind, and I made sure I had gotten everyone. I pushed everyone out of the temple, and relit the fire on the temple, letting it burn. I saw the freshly dug graves nearby, and I bowed my head in respect, before taking everyone away from the temple, and to a safe place where I could figure out what was wrong with them.

I went to the other side of the mountain, and laid out everyone on the ground within a secluded cave. "Oi!! Oi!!" I looked around and saw old man Myoga on my shoulder.

"Oh, how long have you been there?" I asked him, picking him up.

"I followed you from the temple!" he said and I nodded.

"I'll start healing them, though I don't know if it was a poison or anything." I said. I sat down and they all laid before me, the fire orbs surrounding them, melted away. "Myoga, I suggest you to look for Inuyasha. Also don't mention anything about me." I said as Kagome, Shippo, Sango, Miroku and Kirara's bodies were outlined by a thing white flame.

"Yes, I'll get on it!" he said and hopped away.

"Definitely a poison." I muttered. I drew a charm in the air, multiplying it for each of them, and placing it on top of them. The white flame turned golden. I heard footsteps behind me. I smiled catching the familiar scent. "What are you doing here, Sesshomaru?" I asked him.

"Just happened to come across you. I'm looking for the boy." he said to me.

"Boy? Is that what interests you??" I asked smiling.

"Be quiet." he said and I laughed a bit, concentrating more on the task at hand. I heard his footsteps fade away and I smiled looking at the guys in front of me. 

"I better speed this up before Inuyasha gets here." I muttered and sighed, the golden flame burned brighter.

The golden flame then seeped into their bodies. I stood up and went behind them all, to their heads. I tapped Shippo on his head and lifted out a slightly gold and purple flame. I did the same with Kagome, Sango, Kirara, and Miroku.

I sighed once I had finished. The color had returned to their faces and I smiled seeing they were going to be alright. Knowing that in the fire, I didn't bring their supply of food or water, and that they might be hungry when they woke up, I decided to find something for them to eat. 

I made little fox minions to get water, fish and some fruits. I walked over to Kagome and sat next to her. "Hey.. stupid. I know you can't hear me... But.. Inuyasha seems to really like you, you know? I know he's stubborn and a pain to deal with.. but.. take care of him for me and.. Watch each others backs.. and well.. whatever." I said to her. "I'll never say this to you again, but thanks." I said. "Also, this is for all of you, but thanks for being his friends." I smiled.

I saw my fox minions had come back with bags of fruits, and baskets of fish and canisters of water. My fox minions disappeared into thin air, and I walked away from the cave, after making a small fire, and a barrier that hides the cave.  It was a simple spell, and only Inuyasha will know its here. I used it when we were younger, to hide his cave from other demons. "It was a long time ago, so he probably won't realize it's me." I thought.

 I walked away from the cave, looking at my hand seeing my skin turning purple, then back to my natural color. I had absorbed the poisons, but to me, it wasn't that bad. It seems like it affect smaller demons and humans in a deathly way, but not bigger, stronger ones.

~~~~~

Inuyasha being led by Myoga was running through the forest, to get to Kagome. There was so much vegetation, and running water, that scents won't linger around here. "What?! Where did it go?" Myoga asked jumping off of Inuyasha.

"Here." I said looking at the mountain. 

"There is nothing there." Myoga said.

Inuyasha simply reached out his hand, about to touch the mountain, but his hand fell through, and the barrier fell. 

Inside there was his friends, all of them awake. Along with a small fire and bundles of fruits, fishes and plenty of water. Kagome looked at Inuyasha who immediately hugged her.

~~~~~

I hid myself within the bushes watching their little reunion. "This is for the best..." I thought to myself seeing how happy he was with her. I laid down under the bush, watching over them, ".. just a little longer." I thought to myself looking at Inuyasha.

~~~~~

Inuyasha recognized the barrier used to protect this cave, he knew it was (Y/n) who set it. With that in mind, he was certain she was the one who saved them from the burning temple. He didn't know what was going on with her, she could have stayed and re joined them, he missed having her around.

~~~~~

Inuyasha released Kagome from his hug and she looked up at Inuyasha, wondering if she should tell him what she heard (Y/n) say. She was awake when (Y/n) spoke to her, but thought it would be embarrassing if she knew that she was awake, so she continued to sleep. "(Y/n).. sounded so sad.. lonely.. She really loves Inuyasha.." was all she could think about. 

~

~

~

~

~

~

Still debating with myself if the endgame for this book should be happy or sad.