Exchanged words

"How was the battle?" I asked seeing Seshomaru walking towards me, Mt. Hakurei in the background, the dark miasma filled the air surrounding it, and lots of smoke from the battle and explosions. He looked up at me as I was sitting in a tree. 

"Feeling better?" he asked me.

"A bit. Feel like my old self again." I said to him and he nodded.

"That priestess, and Naraku, they're dead." he told me.

"I see." I said, crossing my legs. "Does he know?" I asked him.

"I told him." he told me. I hopped off the tree branch, landing in front of Sesshomaru, looking up slightly at him, my 3 tails swishing gently behind me, hovering above the ground. 

I looked beside him, "Where's that little girl, Rin?" I asked him. "I mean, I know you wouldn't bring her here cause of the danger, but she shouldn't be too far, but I can't pick up her scent." I said to him.

"You don't need to know." he said and I sighed.

"Well, give her this for me?" I asked and handed him a bracelet.

"What's that for?" Jaken asked me.

"It's just a thing for her to play with when you leave her with Jaken." I smiled. "It has a bit of magic in." I said. "Each bead has it's own use and duplicates if pulled off." I said pulling off one of the beads, another one reappearing in its place, and dropped it, and a swirl of fire appeared making small fire foxes, jumping around. "I also included some doggies, and birds." I said. "The fire won't burn her don't worry." I said.

"Fine." Sesshomaru said and I smiled and watched as they walked away.

"Cute, he found someone to protect." I smiled and turned to look at Mt. Hakurei. 

~~~

Inuyasha looked at the bone eaters well that Kagome dropped through to go back into her own world. Kikyo died and Kagome went home, leaving him on his own. He sat on the grass, staring at the well, considering whether or not to go after her. As he considered this, a soft breeze blew past, carrying a familiar scent. "(Y/n).." he mumbled softly. he recalled that night when they kissed, and she told him how she felt. The look in her eyes, lonely, resigned, and hopeless.

After that night, they barely met. He'd catch her scent every now and again, but it was always mixed in with Naraku's, or something foul. The next time they met, she wanted to help his injuries, but he refused it, and called her disgusting. Then the time they spent in the cave, when morning came around, he thought he caught her scent, but it was too faint to tell.

Another breeze came by, and her scent was getting faint, but there was now some blood mixed in. He grew worried, and decided to follow it.

~~~

I stared at the demon laid motionlessly in front of me. "Stupid low level demons." I muttered and stretched. I was enjoying a nap in my fox form and some demon thought I'd be a nice midnight snack.

I heard the crunching of leaves and I gathered fire in my hands and turned to the sound. "Come out." I said.

I saw the familiar head of bright white hair and red robes. I sighed, putting my hand down. "What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I could ask you the same thing." he said to me.

"I'm enjoying my freedom." I said looking up at the sky. He said nothing but stared at me. I sighed, "Let's talk somewhere more decent, what do you say?" I asked him and he nodded.

We both walked down the valley to a small river. We were a few feet apart. I washed off the blood on my hands. I then took off my outer robe, washing the demon blood off and laying it on a nearby tree branch and a small fire to dry it off.

I sat down on a cool rock, and Inuyasha sat on the ground. "How have you been?" he asked me.

"Do you really care?" I asked, not looking at him.

"(Y/n)." he called my name and I looked at him. 

"I've been fine. Don't worry." I said. "Also, sorry for you loss. I heard about what happened to Kikyo." I said.

"Thanks..." he told me.

"Anyway, let me guess. You caught my scent and demon blood and you came to me?" I asked him.

"It's not the- I just.." he stammered.

"You made it clear that last time we met, that I disgust you. So, next time you catch my scent, don't bother to come looking for me." I said standing up and getting my now dried robe and putting it on. 

"Wait, (Y/n)!" Inuyasha grabbed my wrist.

"Let me go." I said.

"No." he replied. 

"Inuyasha.." I growled his name, the fur on my tails began to rise. I felt arms wrap around my waist, and something pressed against my back. "What are you doing?" I asked, biting my lip.

"I wanted to apologize." he said to me. "I'm sorry.. that I said you disgusted me. There is nothing I can do to undo that... I just.. didn't like all those other scents around you. Naraku.. that moth bastard, Sesshomaru.. I didn't like it." he said.

"Why..." I asked, the fur on my tail falling down. "Stop.. confusing me.." I thought. "I don't want to see you anymore." I whispered.

"(Y/n)." I felt his arms get tighter.

"No, stop it." I said and grabbed his arms with my hands. "Let me go." I said.

"No." he refused. I saw him fist my clothes in his hands, keeping a tighter grip.

"I care about you. I've missed you,  I like you, I love you. I-" I cut him off.

"Enough! Let me go!" I yelled burning off my outer robe, and jumping to the other side of the river. "Don't. Just stop." I said to him, as the fabric of my outer robe fell to the ground from his opened fists. "... You're just confused." I said to him. "Losing Kikyo must've really messed with you, telling me you love me." I smiled, and turned around. "Your friends are going to worry if you don't head back. Don't follow me." I said and walked away, before I heard or said anything I'll regret.

After aimlessly walking through the forest, I sat down. I recalled his voice by my ear, telling me he loved me, how he cared for me and missed me. I shook my head, knowing he's only saying all this out of his grief over losing Kikyo. I hated myself for believing him, for a split second, I wanted to hug him, and tell him I felt the same, that I wanted to be with him. "Stupid.." I brought my legs up to my chest, my tails curling around me, my head buried in my arms, my nails digging into my exposed upper arms, drawing blood, slowly dripping onto the dirt ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts?