Bad Ending

Inuyasha went to the well again today. I know he misses her, when I ask, he says he doesn't, and that he's okay. I know he's lying, he doesn't want to hurt me. I know that.. I'm not the one he wants.

I looked through the old scroll on the limitations of my powers, nothing was written about time travel. "(Y/n), are you okay? You've been in here all day." I looked up at Inuyasha.

"I'm fine. Just reading up on some techniques to try." I smiled at him.

"I see." He smiled at me and lay down, with his head on my lap. I smiled, rubbing my hand over his soft hair, playing with his ears, making him blush.

".. There's only one more option I can think of... I don't know if it'll work though." I thought. "Hey, Inuyasha." I called out to him.

"Yeah?" He asked, closing his eyes, letting me play with his ears.

"I'll have to leave for a few days... My brother is getting married. He's going to become the next family head, and I have to be there. Are you okay with that?" I asked.

"I'll be fine. I'm not a weak little boy." He pouted and I smiled, laughing a bit.

"I guess not." I said, a thin veil of fire drifted from my hands, over his head and he fell asleep.

"Thank you.. for everything... When you wake up.. things will be better.." I whispered. I stood up and pulled a blanket over him. I ran my finger gently through his hair. I felt my eyes growing hot, and my vision blurring. "I love you, always.. Goodbye." I whispered, and brushed my finger across his lips, a soft smile on my face as my tears dripped onto his face. I wiped the tears away with my sleeve and bit my lip to refrain from kissing him for the last time.

I walked outside and created a note out of fire. The words turned into a bird and flew off. I dried my tears and made my way to the Bone Eaters Well, and I sat down, waiting.

~~~~

Eventually, I heard the crunching foot steps and the familiar scent of Sesshomaru. I turned to him and smiled. "Thanks for coming." I said.

"You said you needed a favor, what is it?" He asked me.

"I'm going to try bring Kagome back to this time." I told him. He just stared at me. I lay my hands out, and in a swirl of fire, my fox orb appeared in my hands. "I.. need you to bury my body if this doesn't work, and if it does work, I want you to erase any evidence of me being here." I said to him, "Also, if it does work, to give this to your brother.. if not, just burn it." I handed him a letter. "I put him to sleep, he'll wake up in a couple days." I said and turned to the well, "anyways, that's all I need for you to do." I looked at him. "Whether this works or not.. I don't want him to feel guilty. The only thing that matters is that he gets his Happy Ending." I said, and placed my hands on the edge of the well.

"You're an idiot." He said.

"... Yeah.. I know right? I finally have Inuyasha... But... I also know... that the one he truly loves... is... Kagome.. A-anyway, if I can help him get that love back.. that twinkle in his eye, that smile.. then I'm okay with it." I smiled at him. "Please... can you not tell anyone? I'm sorry for burdening you with this .." I looked at him.

He said nothing, but placed a hand on my cheek, and then pulled me into a hug. "If you're going to cry, just cry." He said to me, petting my hair.

"I'm sorry." I apologized again. "If this doesn't work... I'm sorry." I whispered, biting my lip as his arms hugged me tighter.

~~

I had collected myself, and smiled. I absorbed my star ball into my body. I turned to look at Sesshomaru. "Guess this is goodbye?" I asked him. "Thank you, for everything." I smiled at him. I gave him another hug, which he accepted, this time, he gave me a kiss on the head, then another on my mouth. We both stared at each other and I smiled and stepped back. I looked down into the well. I looked back at Sesshomaru who said nothing. I gave him one more smile, and jumped into the well, and landed at the bottom. I relaxed and my tails swished nervously on the ground. I sat down, and closed my eyes.

"Please work.." I thought. I winced feeling my body growing hot, pin pricks all over my body. I bit my lip as I could feel the intense surge of energy burning my skin, as if I was constantly being torn in two directions while being electrocuted. Having to open a portal, forcefully through space and time, was definitely not pleasant.

The pain faded away and I sighed, opening my eyes and saw her in front of me, Kagome. I smiled at her, "Let's go back, he's waiting for you." I said to her, smiling, holding out my hand. She looked back at her family, who seemed to have decided to let her go. She hugged them, and grabbed my hand. I felt myself getting sucked down.

A cold feeling crept through my body. Even though I felt like freezing, I was also warm. I could breathe easier and felt as light as a feather. I looked down at my hands and my star ball appeared, it began cracking and falling as shards of it fell down into a pit of black below me, an endless void. I collapsed onto my knees. I landed on a cool glass like surface. I shakily looked at my hand and smiled as I began fluttering away as burnt ashes. "... I wish for your happiness.. all of you." I whispered, closing my eyes.

~no ones pov~

Sesshomaru watched as the bright light faded from the well, and the human girl Kagome came climbing out. He turned and walked away. Knowing with (Y/n) now gone, the spell keeping Inuyasha asleep would disappear, and the scent of the human girl would make him rush here. He made sure to cover up (Y/n)'s scent like he promised. He looked down at the letter in his hands. He recalled the smile on her face as she was about to jump into the well. "Idiot." Was all he could think, a stray tear falling from his eyes.

~~

About a month after (Y/n)'s disappearance, and Kagome's return, Sesshomaru finally met up with Inuyasha to give him the letter. "This is for you." He said handing Inuyasha the letter. "I recommend reading it alone." Was all he said before leaving.

~~

Inuyasha held the note, which faintly smelled of you. He sat down and tore it open.

Inuyasha, if you are reading this, then that means Sesshomaru did what I asked.
Did Kagome come back? Are you happy right now? I'm happy for you.
This letter is to tell you I'm leaving. Don't worry, I'll come back, I always do. After all, you can't get rid of me that easily. 
When I do, I better see some tiny versions of you running around alright? I wish you all the happiness in the world. You don't have to worry about me. I'll be okay. If you ever want to talk, send me a letter through Sesshomaru, he'll know what to do with it. I love you now and forever.
Thank you, goodbye.

Inuyasha stared at the note, wondering when would be the next time he saw you. Wondering how you knew Kagome would be back. Before he could give this much thought, he heard his name being called, by none other than Kagome.

~~

Sesshomaru watched his brother run to the human girl, then looked into the sky. ".. Are you happy now, (Y/n)?" He asked, and a warm breeze blew by, as if answering his question. He turned and walked away.