Worth

I stared at the flower in my hand, twirling it back and forth. I could still remember what happened. It was a week ago, but it felt like only seconds ago. His warm and slightly muscular arms wrapped around me, his voice near my ears, telling me he cared about me, that he missed me, and that he loved me. The lonely look in his eyes, and the affection as he stared at me. Then, that hollow and empty feeling when I realized he didn't mean it. He was delirious, he had just lost Kikyo.

Since that day, I've been careful to keep my distance. I spent my days walking around aimlessly, and spend countless nights dreaming on what could have been.

I smiled sadly at the flower. "It's perfect for him... the love of his life Kikyo... and her reincarnation from the future, Kagome... just.. perfect.." I whispered, biting my lip, and gripping onto the stem of the flower, snapping it in two, causing a few petals to fall off.

"He's better off with a human, than a demon like me. Demons aren't supposed to get happy endings.." I told myself again and again. I stared at the petals that fell to the ground. I dropped the broken flower, got up, and began walking in a random direction.

~~

Inuyasha sat a few feet from the Bone Eaters Well, waiting for Kagome to return from her time. As he waited, he found himself sniffing the air once in a while, trying to catch (Y/n)'s scent. Ever since that meeting, her scent grew more and more faint.

She's from a prestigious demon fox family. And, her brother and herself are the most powerful of the kitsune fox demons.

He did indeed love (Y/n), but... he knows that he wouldn't be worthy of her.

When he set out to travel by himself, he wanted the shikon jewel to make himself a strong full demon. Then that way, he would be worthy to be your partner.

When they were young, he was feared, hated, and ignored by both demons and humans, (Y/n) was the first individual who didn't care about what he was. She would play games with him, share stories on her day, bring him some of her favorite foods and snacks, and even when he was human, she never changed, she continued playing with him like nothing was weird or different about him. She loved and adored his human form, half demon form, and even his demon form.

~flashback~

~(Y/n)'s pov~

"Inuyasha! Where are you?" I asked looking around the cave area. I sighed holding a bag of jerky treats and a new game. "Inuyasha!" I called out to him again. "Maybe he went to get water?" I mumbled. I places the bag safely inside the cave and went down to the river.

I arrived at the river, and there was no one around. I pouted looking around. "Where did he go.." I whined. My ears twitched at the sound of wind blowing by. I paused catching the familiar scent of blood. I ran in the direction of the scent. If it was a demon hunter, or a rouge bloodthirsty demon, I would definitely need to find Inuyasha quick before they do.

I dove into some nearby bushes and slowly made my way closer to the origin of the scent. This area was hardly used by both humans and demons. It was a small valley, but there was no water source nearby, so the valley was full of rocks, dirt and dead plants. I shifted into my fox form, and inched closer.

I stared wide eyes at the scene below me. It was Inuyasha! He was surrounded by limbs of multiple demons. I noticed his eyes, and they weren't the same warm golden ones I grew to love staring at. His white sclera had turned blood red, and his warm golden eyes were an icy blue color, with white pupils. His cheeks also had short purple streaks.

I changed back into my kitsune form, catching his attention. I jumped down the valley, landing in front of him. He immediately got defensive towards me. He barred his teeth, held up his clawed hands and growled.

"Inuyasha." I smiled at him. "I was worried." I said walking closer to him. "Jeez, now you stink of blood and we have to wash your robes." I pouted stopping a couple of feet in front of him. I looked into his red eyes, and he was staring at me in curiosity. I looked at the demon laying at our feet. ".. Did he try to hurt you?" I asked looking up to him. He didn't respond.

I slowly raised my hand, and he watched as I did so. I placed it on his head, and gently combed through his hair, rubbing his ears a little. His expression immediately changed into one of embarrassment and he jumped away from me. He growled at me, but it wasn't of fear, or anger. It seemed like he was complaining that I touched his ears.

"Hey! Come back here!" I said laughing, and chased him.

"I told you I hated when you do that!" He stopped, turning to yell at me. I stopped in front of him, seeing his eyes were their usual color.

I smiled at him, "Let's go back. I brought some snacks and a new game!" I said.

"Is this going to be another boring game?" He complained as I dragged him along with me.

"My games are not boring." I retorted as we climbed up the valley.

~flashback over~

~~~~~
Srry its a bit short
(・◇・)