9. Paul

I look at the name flashing on my screen and excused myself from the group, waiting till I was in the study behind a closed door before I answered.

"Max?"

"Hi Uncle Paul, are you alone?" Max replied and I was glad I had come into the study.

"Yes, I'm in the study, alone, now what's happened" 

"Sir, we picked up Lily to spend the weekend with us and her phone was flat, its been charging for a while and on opening her messages, it seems she has someone sending abusive emails, first one came last night and she deleted it as a wrong number, there's been more today and addressed to her by name, so she is the target.  She has no idea who it could be, do you have anyone who can trace the number, we could do it but it would take time and I don't want to wait, just in case" Max asked.

"I may be able to get it done, send me a screen shot and the number, and Max"

"Yes sir"

"Look after my baby girl"

"Always, Uncle Paul" Max replied softly and I sighed deeply as I rang off.  At some point we would have to tell the twins we knew how they felt and give them our blessing.  Even if it was a few years earlier than we would have liked.

I flip through my address book and dial, hoping that one of the Masters men was in, they would understand the need for urgency.

"Paul?" Kade answered the phone gruffly and I smiled thankfully.

"Hey Kade, i'm after a personal favour" I said and explained to him what had happened.

Kade's daughter Amalie was one of the athletes we managed and once you got past their scary persona the Masters Triplets, they and their family had become firm friends.  Kade was in the secret service and if anyone could get me swift results it would be him.

"Send it through to me when you receive it and tell them not to reply and keep a screenshot of anything else that is sent.  I should have a result by the morning, if not sooner" Kade tells me and I relax a little.

"Thanks Kade I owe you one" I said and he laughed it off.

"Rubbish, we've got to protect our girls when we can"

I sit back in my chair and worry about Lily, since she left for Uni, she has had a few issues, first with the room mate now this, why did it have to be her.  At least the twins will do everything they can to keep her safe but if it goes on, I'll bring her home, or send her to Logan's university instead.

My phone flashed as the boys sent me the number and a series of screen shots of the messages and I felt sick reading them before sending them onto Kade, relaying Kade's instructions back to them.

I returned to the lounge to rejoin Lucy and Teddy, who looked at me with concern, and I sighed, knowing I would have to give them some information, but they didn't need to know everything.

"Paul, I can see your mind working, tell me, is it Lily?" Lucy asked, pinning me with a stare.

I groan to myself, "That was Max, Lily is with them and has received some texts from an unknown number, the boys just want to find out who it is" I tell them and watch them exchange looks.

"Did you phone Amalie's dads?" Lucy asked and I laugh, not surprised that Lucy had also thought of them to help.

"Yes, Kade is looking into it"

"Good, and Lily's with the boys?" Lucy questions and I nod.

"Max said she's there for the weekend" 

Teddy and Lucy squealed and I watched bemused as they grinned at each other.

"Ladies, what are you thinking?"

Teddy threw a cushion at me and laughed "You know what we are thinking, my boys and your girl, we always knew it would happen, oh I can't wait" 

"Hey now, don't go marrying her off just yet, she's only just started Uni, no boys till graduation" I object and watch my wife and best friend look at me through pitying eyes.

"Oh Paul, I think you're getting senile in your old age, you've seen how they are with her and now she's aware, she will quickly realise her own feelings for them.  I'm actually surprised its taken so long" Teddy replies.

"But she's my little girl" I moan.

"And my boys will take good care of her, I promise" Teddy grinned and Lucy slapped her arm, before looking up at me.

"I know you will try to keep us in the dark, but if there's any risk, anything I want to know" Lucy said, her eyes locking with mine and I nodded.

"I Promise"