11. Lily

I lay in bed on the Sunday morning and reflected on the previous day, Hunter and Max had spoiled me and made me laugh and relax around them. Reminding me frequently of their interest in me, and seeming to pick up, on each time a doubt surfaced in my mind. I didn't understand what they saw in me, they were both so sophisticated compared to me but I was beginning to believe in what they were telling me. They were serious, and based on my dreams last night, I was becoming just as interested in them.

I know there had been a couple more text messages to my phone, yesterday while we were out, that both Max and Hunter had read before sending them on to my dad, who was looking into it. They had kept hold of my phone, not wanting me to get upset. But had told me we were just waiting to hear back from my dad.

Footsteps coming down the hallway preceded the knock at the bedroom door.
"Breakfast is ready Angel" Max called and I croaked out a "thank you" before sliding out of bed and into the en-suite bathroom to freshen up. The bag they had packed me had been a surprise when I opened it to reveal the underwear Paris and Geneva had given me as a leaving gift, I had blushed at the thought of the silk and lace sets in their hands and had been glad to find long sleeved tops and jeans packed as well. Dressing quickly I went to find them in the kitchen, smiling as Hunter passed me a cup of coffee, he had ready for me.
"Umm, thank you" I groan, taking a sip, 'Its perfect"
"Sit down baby, breakfast is served" Hunter says as he places three plates on the table and Max pulls out a seat for me.
We were clearing up when the phone rang and my heart started racing when I heard Hunter answer it.
"Uncle Paul, what news?" He said and Max looked at me.
"Come on, we'll take it to the study" he held my hand and we followed Hunter into the room, sitting down as he put the phone on speaker.
"Hunter, how is Lily?"
"Dad, I'm here, I'm good, how's things at home?" I smiled as Max squeezed my hand in support.
"We are all fine baby, are the twins looking after you?"
I roll my eyes but answer him softly "yes, they are"
"Good, now about this little issue you're having, I have a name, Melissa Grant, do you know her?" Dad tells me.
"No, I don't know anyone by that name, who is she?" I look at the twins but they shake their heads as well.
"Melissa Grant is from Brighton, she purchased the phone and pay as you go sim in Oxford three weeks ago, using her credit card. I can find no trace of her outside that purchase, however, she also withdrew a large amount of cash on the same day"
"Robbie's from Brighton" I muse aloud and the twins look at me.
"Who?" Dad asks.
"My flat mate, you met him, remember" I tell him.
"The weed boy with the guitar? "He growls and I grin, shaking my head.
"Dad, he's studying History and Politics and his dad is an MP" I laugh and hear him grumble down the line.
"Hunter, Max" Dad barks and I laugh again as the both sit up straighter.
"Yes sir" Max replies.
"Contact the boy and see if he knows this Melissa person and if so what's the story"
"Yes sir"
"And Lily, I want you to stay with the boys until this is settled, we don't know why she is fixated on you, so until we do, you stay put" Dad says in his do not disagree with me voice.
"But Dad!" I start but Max butts in.
"Sir, we will keep her safe, don't worry"
He squeezes my hand as I scowl at him and Hunter tells dad. "I will give Robbie a call and let you know what we find out"
"Good, good, look after my girl" he reminds them.
"Bye Dad, give mom my love" I grump and he laughs.
"Be good Lily, love you"
"Love you too Daddy" I tell him softly and the call ends.
Max pulls he into his lap and wraps his arms around me as Hunter finds Robbie's number and calls him.
He doesn't put the call on speaker and I tune the conversation out, happy to stay in the safety of Max's arms, but I can feel the tension in Max's body as he hears Hunters side.
"He knows her?" Max asks Hunter and I look up in time to see Hunter nod.
"She was his girlfriend, up to eight months ago, when she caught him with another girl and lost the plot and attacked him. His dad pulled some strings with her parents and she was sent off to counselling, with the agreement she would stay away from Robbie, so all charges were dropped" Hunter tells us.
"So why is she messaging me?" I ask confused.
"That we don't know, Robbie is going to speak to his Dad, as they didn't realise she was in Oxford. I've explained to him about the texts and he's concerned, first how did she get Lily's number or any details about her and also that she may go after Lily... physically"
Max growls and tightens his arms around me "That's it your staying here with us, until it safe" he tells me and I know not to argue.
"Go and find us a cheerful movie to watch" Hunter instructs us and Max helps me to my feet, "I'll let Uncle Paul know who she is" he tells us.