4.

Lydia's Point of View

"So.. How did it go?"Quinton asks me, as he twirls my hair. He drove down here last week to check on me. I missed a week of school but I've been doing my homework and turning it in through online.

"It's been rough, I kind of regret coming down here but you know what maybe it's god's plan."I say staring at the T.V. that's playing Bad Girls Club.

Novee was asleep in the hotel bed next to us. Jasmine had to leave to make sure her mom was straight which was understandable. 

"D can I ask you something?"He says now massaging the roots of my head. 

"Yeah Sure."

He huffs and sits up. I knew then it was something serious, his whole posture and demeanor change just like that.

"Why do you love him to the point you don't think about yourself?"Quinton says staring at me. 

"What do you mean?"

He gets up and make his way across the room shutting off the T.V. so that he will have my full undivided attention.

"You know what I mean D. This man can cheat on you how many times he want, do you dirty, even call you out your name. and you still worship the ground he walks on. Why is that?"

I feel myself about to shed tears, so I had to turn away from him. That didn't do much cause he turn my head back towards him.

"Don't hide from me, I wanna see this emotion. Why does this nigga do the things he do to you and your still vulnerable."My vision was glossy but I could still see him.

"Quinton, I have history with Eve. I have a child with Eve and although he may not be perfect but he still always going to have my heart because he gave me something different that no one ever has given me."

"And that is?"

"Hope. Before I met Everett, I was getting my ass beaten by this guy everyday and been told that I'm not pretty and I'm not worth it. I met him and he showed me what it feels to be me and to be loved."

Quinton quickly stands up like he was offended. I bit my lip from realizing what I just done.

"Love? D really? This is not love, cheating and treating other people like nothing isn't love! What is it that you want."He yells.

I put my head down wiping my tears. He lifts my chin up gently making me look at him.

"Tell me."

"Cause I love you. I show you everyday that I love you and wait on you because I care and I love you but yet you stuck on this nigga."He continues.

"Q, I'm sorry I know you've been waiting but I don't know what I want."

"Then i'm gone."He says grabbing his keys and start heading towards the door. I quickly get out of bed and grab of ahold of his arm.

"Quinton please don't leave me.",He snatches his arm from me and turn towards me.

"Lydia you don't know what you want! How am I supposed to feel with this one sided ass relationship and you stuck on a nigga that don't probably don't give a fuck about your ass."

I bag up from him not saying anything. He scoff and then left out the door. 

I lock it after him and got in the bed with Novee who was now up but he was slowly falling back to sleep. I turn on my phone and called my bestfriend Nas. 

She's been my best friend since Chicago days, now she's living her dream in New York.

"Hello."She says, answering the phone.