Kabanata XLII: Aftermath

CHRIS

"Chris! Let's go. Ang bagal mo talaga kahit kailan," sigaw ni Monica na nasa labas ng headquarters kasama ang iba.

I let out an irritated sigh when I failed to tie my shoe laces properly.

"Seriously?" someone asked.

I looked up and saw Monica's annoyed face.

I got up and faced her. "I'm done!"

After saying that I pinched her nose and run to the door while laughing so hard.

She groaned audibly as she tried to catch up.

"Kompleto na ba lahat?" tanong ni Dave na kanina pa yata nababagot.

"Aye! Aye! Captain," Eroll said playfully.

Nagsimula na silang maglakad patungo sa sasakyan.

Ngayong araw, naimbitahan kami para sa isang case. And guess what, everyone was excited since it's been a long time since we were able to solve real cases.

"Yes! Lalabas tayo...lalabas tayo..." Arya chanted in glee.

"Tumahimik ka nga, manok!" pag-awat ni Eroll sa kanya. And as usual, the two were bickering again.

Dave sat silently on the passenger seat while I was tasked to be the driver for today.

Ever since JDC was caught, Dave had always been silent. Magsasalita lamang siya kapag kailangan. It was so unusual. We just missed the old Dave.

Nang makarating na kami sa crime scene, agad-agad na bumaba si Dave. Sumunod naman ang mga kasama namin na kanina pa excited.

"A professor was found dead inside the CR," panimula ni Dave. "Now, we need to find out who the killer was."

Naglakad pa kami hanggang sa makarating kami sa mismong CR.

"Dave, I'm glad you made it!" Detective Javier said.

Matagal-tagal na rin simula noong huli naming nakita ang detective. Medyo pumayat pa siya.

"How's the case so far?" seryosong tanong ni Dave.

"Oh! About that..."

"Detective I found something!" someone shouted behind Detective Javier.

"Right! I invited someone to help me too, since you guys were a bit late," pagpapatuloy ni Detective, saka siya lumingon sa pinanggalingan ng boses.

That moment, everything was in slow motion as we all glanced at the woman wearing a business attire. Her hair was tied in a bun. She's also holding a paper. And the look on her face was priceless. She seemed shock just like us.

Her eyes suddenly met mine. Doon ko lang napansin ang deep scar sa kanyang pisngi. She never bothered to  remove nor cover it. It ruined her pretty face, but the scar made her looked stronger.

A small smile played on her lips.

And that moment, the awkwardness was lifted up from the air.

Si detective Javier ay palipat-lipat lang ang tingin sa amin na para bang naguguluhan.

"Zanaya!" Arya exclaimed suddenly and ran to embrace our friend.

"Grabe, Zan! Na-miss ka namin!"

Monica also went near her and they group hugged. Siyempre lumapit na rin kami ni Eroll.

"How have you been?" I asked her.