Chapter 4: A Challange

Thatcher POV / Hereford Base (In-game Map)

Sledge and I started at the tower where we got into cover and started droning. After a while of driving these little bastards around we found the container in the kids' bedroom, but only briefly saw Ghost going down the stairs before we lost track of him on the ground floor.

After the action phase was announced Sledge broke through the main door and we searched through the roomes before we got up the main stairs.

Sledge POV

We stayed on the stairs slightly peeking over as Thatcher threw his emp in order to see if he'd catch anything.

When it went off we briefly saw Ghost running through the doorway to the blue hallway.

Thinking we shouldn't let him get away again we quickly followed.

Once we got into the objective, Thatcher threw another emp but nothing happened this time.

We went further into the room, Thatcher watched the other exit in the room.

I had a bad feeling already but it was only proven right when I felt a practice knife at my throat and then saw Ghosts P80 (Glock 17) next to me, pointed at Thatcher.

Announcer: „Blue team won. All operators have been eliminated." Came from our earpieces after the sim hit.

Thatcher: „Bloody hell." he muttered under his breath. "Good job, kid." he said hesitantly.

I was quite impressed by how clean he made it and gave Ghost an approving nod after turning around to him.

~Timeskip~ / Poltergeist POV

After I found the objective in the piano room and lost my drone to a jammer, action phase started and I broke through a door at the outside stairs to the 1. Floor.

I went above the objective and planted a breaching charge where I thought one of them was sitting. 

I took a few steps back and detonated it when I wanted to peek through the supports yellow smoke started to fill seemingly half the room.

It burnt in my lungs and I started to cough uncontrollably.

As I tried to get out of the cloud, one of them tried to shoot through the floor. After the shooting stopped I heard footsteps. One of them left the room. They wanted to hunt me down.

I hide in the adjacent room and soon my guess was proven right.

I decided to do what I excel at. Activating the PCS, I sprint past behind him into the next room and he frantically turned around.

I ran out of the room into the hallway and to a soft wall that led to the room where I was before and set my remaining breaching charge. I made my way back and then detonated it. While Smoke was distracted by the following explosion I use my knife to take him out of the round.

I made my way downstairs, the door was still open from when smoke ran out.

I peeked at the door so I could see most of the room. No sign of him anywhere I could look, that meant he either was behind the chimney in the back or hard right.

I activated the PCS again and went through the door, pre-firing to the right.

Announcer: „Blue team won. All operators have been eliminated."

~Timeskip~

Once we got back into the armoury to store our weapons Thatcher approached me.

Thatcher: „You did a pretty good job out there, kid." he said holding out his hand.

I shook his hand „Thank you. You did too, Sir." I said formally.

Thatcher: „I have to admit I had my doubts after seeing you with Blitz yesterday. Especially about your discipline." he let my hand go.

Geist: „Discipline is the cornerstone of any army." I quote, staying serious and putting my arms behind my back.

Thatcher nods slightly. „Good answer. I hope you stand by what you say."