Chapter 17: Spielverderber

Later the same day / Police Station / Blitz's room

Blitz: „... And zhen I go into that room and what do I see? The big bad mafia boss holding a silver plate with all the documents we need to arrest him while Richard was getting comfortable in his desk chair." he said, the beer he already had had not helped with his accent and followed by laughter all around.

The whole team, except Angel, was sitting Blitz's room, sitting in a circle, Blitz and IQ sitting on the bed, Doc and Thatcher taking the chairs, and Geist sitting on the table surrounded by bags of snacks and cans of beer and had declared himself guardian of the snacks after the first few cans were already empty that is...

Geist: „In my defence, that chair was reeeaalllly comfortable. I'd get one of those myself if I wouldn't need a crime empire just to afford it." he said, being followed by more laughter.

There was a knock at the door after Geist finished.

Blitz: „It's open!" he yelled.

Angel walked in with two 4 packs of beer, "Brought more beer, what did I miss?" She said as she closed the door and sat down crossing her legs.

Blitz and Geist briefly cheered at the sight of more beer.

IQ: „Blitz was talking about his and Geists stories from the Gsg9 yet again." she said with a giggle.

Geist: „But they never get old!" he said with a grin mirrored by Blitz.

Angel: "Thatcher, do you have any stories."

Thatcher: "No." He said then crossed his arms.

Blitz: „Oh come on. You're the oldest man in Rainbow and don't have a story you want to share!? I don't buy it."

Thatcher: "Not the oldest anymore." He said avoiding the question.

Blitz: „Spielverderber..." he quietly threw in.

Angel: "I doubt they would be interesting anyway."

Thatcher just glared at her for a few seconds and rolled his eyes.

Thatcher: "Operation Nimrod."

Geist: „Ooh I heard about that! That was the embassy siege right?"

Thatcher: "Indeed it was." He sighed.

Blitz: „I have a feeling this won't be a funny story, right?"

Thatcher: "Nothing funny about this kind of operation, lad. We went in, killed some people and got all but one hostage who was killed by the terrorists. One of our lads caught on fire from breaching in, they managed to put it out thankfully. But it was far from a funny story."

Everything was silent for a moment.

Blitz: „One way to kill the mood..." he muttered.

Thatcher: "A story with death is never funny." He said sipping his whiskey. "But we showed the world how we deal with terrorists, we weren't allowed to use smoke as it would obscure the view of the TV cameras, the prime minister used it as a show of force."

Geist looked questioningly at him. „Wait. You weren't allowed to use smokes just so some politicians could brag about it?"

Thatcher: "Not brag...to intimidate..."

Angel: "Well I think that's enough of that story, anyone else got a story?" She said opening a beer.

Thatcher just sipped his whiskey in silence.

Geist after a short bit of disbelief turned to Angel. „What about you? Wenn'de scho' fragst...(When you're already asking)" he said sipping his beer.