Chapter 16: Priorities

The next morning, everything was quiet and peaceful. Geist was still in his bed, too tired to look at the time or rather, too hungover. But suddenly, out of nowhere, someone knocked on his door. It wasn't so pleasant for Geist given that he now had a headache.

Geist: „Wer ist da?!" he growled annoyedly, clutching his head.

Angel: "Richard. Can we talk?"

Geist: „As long as you keep your voice down..."

Angel came into the room.

Angel: "So I came to apologise to you, but after last night I think you should first." She said firmly.

Geist: „Yeah, I know. I didn't treat you, or most people for that matter, right. This mentality of needing to distance myself from others is stuck in my head for years by now. I know now that was wrong but I think it won't go away too easily either..."

Angel: "And I'm sorry for being a complete bitch towards you."

Geist: „Well... that's one way to put it..."

Angel laughed a bit, "Yeah, I guess so."

Geist: „Thanks, anyway."

Angel: "So, where are we headed now. Afterall she wasn't here."

Geist: „I'll probably ask Harry if we, or at least I can stay until they finally get into that computer... Maybe they're still here somewhere..."

Angel: "I can stay for a bit. But I'd like to take leave for a bit to go home to see family and friends."

Geist: „That's Harry's decision not mine. I don't even know if he'll let me stay."

Angel: "That is right, but he has to let us have time off."

Geist: „Guess so."

Angel: "Well, I will leave you be." She got up and started making her way to the door.

Geist: „You can stay if you want... Not like we have much to do right now anyway..." he said in a bored tone.

Angel turned her head and stopped.

Angel: "You've got a point. Alright, we can talk for a bit if you want?"

Geist: „That sounds good."

Angel: "What do you want to talk about?"

Geist: „I don't know." he said, throwing his arms up. „The usual. Smalltalk... anything, really..."

Angel: "Do you think Thatch is ever going to settle down with a woman?"

Geist: „Thatcher? Isn't he a little old for that?"

Angel: "Not yet."

Geist: „I don't think he is one who would do that, regardless."

Angel: "You never know."

Geist: „Still, very improbable."

Angel: "That may be, but want to know what is probable?"

Geist: „What is?" he asked confusedly.

Angel: "You and Aria getting together."

Geist rolled his eyes. „You'll never stop with that until we are, won't you?" he said with a slight smile, even though he seemed a bit annoyed.

Angel: "Nope." She smiled.

Geist: „I thought so." he said with a chuckle. „Got another topic we could talk about?"

Angel: "You pick something."

Geist: „You could finally tell me something about your Girlfriend?"