Chapter 22: Expect the unexpected

Geist PoV

As I entered the next room I turned left, expecting my next enemy, but was surprised to see the corner empty.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have been.

Just a second later someone grabbed me from behind, kicked me in the knee, but not managing to make me kneel, although making me drop my rifle, and held a knife to my throat.

Caveira: „Where are they, desgraçado?"

Geist: „Do you really think you'd get something out of me?"

Caveira: „Either that or it's going to be a 4 v 5."

Geist: „Exactly." I said as I let myself drop to the floor, rolling to the side as she tried to bring her knife down.

As I was standing up Cav already charged at me. I managed to push her hand, with which she held her knife, away but she quickly followed up with a punch from her other hand to the stomach.

I stumbled back briefly while she already started swinging at me with her knife, which I dodged by jumping back a few steps each time until I managed to catch her wrist, which I immediately started twisting.

I managed to make her drop her knife, but before I could follow up with an attack she kicked me away, which in turn gave me time to reach for my pistol, which was still in my holster.

While I was still bringing the gun up she quickly closed the distance and punched it to the side, following up by pushing me down by my neck and ramming her knee in my stomach.

At least I ate lightly before this

After struggling a bit to get out of her grip I grabbed her around the waist and ran at the wall behind us.

While she was staggered I took a step back and got back into a fighting position while shaking my head to make the dizziness go away.

I took out my knife and tried to slice at her but she caught my fist while also jabbing at me with her other hand, which I also caught.

Now with no one wanting to let go, I decided to take advantage of that. I pulled her towards my, by janking both my arms back and headbutted her with my helmet.

Thank god I chose that over my cap for today...

As she dropped unconsciously to the floor, I took a moment to breathe.

Geist: „That wasn't even an either-or statement..." I realized, rambling to myself.

I reached for my radio. „Second Floor cleared, took Cav out." I said as I gathered my stuff back up.

Blitz: „Glaz and I are stuck in the main hall! Some help would be nice!"

Geist: „On my way." I said and made my way to the southern staircase.

I put my drone on the floor, went into the room next to me and got on my phone.

Driving it down the stairs I saw Valk spraying down main with her MPX from the garage hallway.

I drove my drone back up again and went to pick it up.

Going halfway down the stairs I took a smoke from my belt.

Geist: „Smoke out." I quietly announced to my teammates as I tossed it down letting it bounce off the wall of the staircase.

Glaz: „Good throw."

Geist: „Going down the stairs now." I said as I activated the PCS.

Glaz: „I can see you. Target's still on your left."