Chapter 14: Chalet

When Geist woke up the sun was already out. It would have been a beautiful day if it weren't for the looming threat of being dead by the next morning.

He got dressed and started walking to the cafeteria. Angel was in the cafeteria already, sitting with Thatcher.

Geist: „Morg'n." he said as he walked past them to the coffee machine.

Thatcher: "Morning, mate."

Angel rolled her eyes: "Morning..."

Thatcher slightly glared at her. Angel glared back as if to say, "What?".

Thatcher waited until Geist sat down with his coffee, who, after taking a sip of it, looked away after noticing Angel's bad mood.

Thatcher: „If this is supposed to work you two need to get along, for fucks sake."

Angel: "Not my fault he wants to throw his life away."

Geist turned back around pointing at her while setting his elbow down on the table. „Listen here-..."

Thatcher: „No you listen to me. Both of you!" he warned them.

Geist let out an annoyed huff and put his hand down on the table. Angel crossed her arms.

Thatcher: „First, you." he said turning to Geist. „If you act up like that on a mission and get someone hurt or killed...I will make sure you will wake up in one of Docs hospital bed."

Angel smirked. Thatcher turned over to her.

Thatcher: „You're up next so cut that!" he warned and then turned back to Geist.

Thatcher: „I don't know what you went through in your life already, but that's none of our faults and some of us have some baggage ourselves, so don't let it out on us!" he yelled.

As he turned around again he said: „And now to you." menacingly.

Thatcher: „You're not helping in any way if you don't cut your bullshit out. I don't know what it is but the way you are acting towards him won't help anyone deal with anything. Weren't you two supposed to be a couple a few years back?! Act like it! You're adults for god's sake!"

Angel: "We were. Not anymore."

Thatcher: „Is that really your excuse for treating him like that?!"

Angel: "What's his excuse for the way he treated me?"

Geist jumped up from his seat again. „When I wanted to explain what's going on you just gave me the cold shoulder and since then you've been a complete arse towards me. Why should I treat you any better?"

Angel: "You mean the time when you were bitching about that? All I tried to do was help then you crossed a line when you interrogated that white mask. I had enough. After all I did to try and help you proved you can't be helped!"

Geist: „Why are you so hung up on that?! He got what he deserved! Nothing more nothing less! We went through worse! Together! I loved you for fuck's sake, but now I don't see anything of who you were back then!"

Angel: "And I don't see a single remnant of the Richard I once loved. I just see Poltergeist...I'm going to my room and I'm going to ring my new partner. She is much better than who you are now." She said then stormed off.

Geist let out an angry scream as he threw his hat on the ground, before he started to walk in a circle, hands above his head, his usual method of calming himself down.

Thatcher stood up, picked up Geists cap and stopped him by putting a hand on his shoulder. „Let's go to the gym. Maybe that's gonna get you calmed down..."